- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion 8" f/3.9 Newtonian Astrograph - 08297
Orion 8" f/3.9 Newtonian Astrograph 08297
- Orion 8" f/3.9 Newtonian Astrograph is a wife-field astrophotography telescope.
- The Orion 8" f/3.9 Newtonian Astrograph telescope has an 8" parabolic primary mirror that has a focal length of 800mm.
- This Orion Newtonian Astrograph telescope provides full field illumination to CCD and/or DLSR cameras.
- The 70mm minor axis secondary mirror on the Orion 8" f/3.9 Newtonian Astrograph provides less than 10% light drop-off around the corners of very large APS-C sized senors.
The Orion 8" f/3.9 Newtonian Astrograph offers powerful imaging performance but at a fraction of the cost. The 8" aperture deep-sky imaging specialist boasts features usually are reserved for much pricier astrophotography telescopes but Orion sets the bar by offering exactly that but at a convenient low price.
Making the 8" f/3.9 Newtonian Astrograph is an ideal wide-field astrophotography telescope because of it's 8" parabolic primary mirror that has a focal length of 800mm. Providing full field illumination to CCD and/or DLSR cameras for efficient astrophotography performance is the 70mm minor axis secondary mirror. This provides less than 10% light drop-off around the corners of very large APS-C sized sensors. Both primary and secondary mirrors boast enhanced reflectivity (94%) aluminum coatings with a protective silicon dioxide (quartz) overcoat. Three easy-grip, push collimation hand knobs on the primary cell make collimation adjustments easy. Once aligned, three locking thumbscrews secure the 8" parabolic mirror.
Thanks to the sophisticated telescope features, images acquired with the 8" f/3.9 Newtonian Astrograph will exhibit maximum contrast. Minimizing internal reflections of pesky off-axis light for pristine imaging perforemance are nine precisely positioned baffle rings along the inside of the reflector optical tube. The dual-speed 2" Crayford focuser has been installed a full 6.3" back from the front of the 30" long reflector optical tube to further optimize contrast and avoid off-axis light intrusion near the front of the scope. What's more, the entire inside of the rigid, rolled steel optical tube is coated with high-quality flat black paint to ensure high contrast.
Ideal for imaging accessories is the low-profile Crayford-style focuser that has full 69mm of backfocus. Thanks to a sturdy internal steel reinforcing plate, the smooth adjusting focuser is held rigidly in place without any possibility of flexure. With fine focus adjustment capabilities at a ratio of 11:1, the smooth focuser is a joy to use and makes it easy to perform minute focus adjustments. You can customize focuser tension according to the load of astrophotography accessories being used because of the drawtube tension is adjustable.
As with any fast Newtonian reflector telescope, an optional coma corrector is recommended to eliminate inherent coma for optimized imaging performance. The 8" Newtonian Astrograph will astound you when used with a coma-corrector. It will produce a significant amount of depth and resolution seen in astrophotos with round stars all the way out of the edges of the substantial field of view. This 8" Newtonian Astrograph can also be used for spectacular visual observations of deep-sky and solar system based celestial objects. The reflectors 8" aperture and fast focal ratio will astound you with high contrast views of the cosmos. Handy extension adapters are included for optimal use of 1.25" and 2" telescope accessories.
The 8" f/3.9 Newtonian Astrograph telescope has a couple standard accessories to compliment this fine instrument. These standard accessories include a cooling accelerator fan for speed temperature equilibration, a pair of cast aluminum tube rings equipped with both upper and lower 1.4"-20 mounting holes, quick collimation cap, and a 9x50 finder scope. For the cooling accelerator fan to operate you will need eight AA batteries (not included) or a portable 12V power supply (sold separately). With a weight of just 17.5 lbs. by itself, and 21.8 lbs. with the included accessories installed, the Orion 8" f/3.9 Newtonian Astrograph can be supported easily by most equatorial mounts designed for astrophotography.