- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Takahashi E-180ED Epsilon 180 mm ED Astrograph OTA - TEK18010
Takahashi E-180 Epsilon 180 mm ED Astrograph OTA
- Takahashi E-180 Epsilon 180 mm ED is a f/2.8 Hyperbolic Flat-Field Astrograph Telescope
- Takahashi E-180 has a super fast focal ratio of f/2.8
- Takahashi E-180 Epsilon 180 mm ED low profile Crayford focuser that has a rotary connector system for camera framing
- Full 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Ships Direct From Takahashi America In Texas
Important: Takahashi America requires the shipment of all Takahashi Telescopes to be done via 2-Day Air or Faster for the Takahashi 5 Year Warranty to be valid. Select UPS 2 Day Air or faster when ordering this telescope. If something other then 2-Day Air shipping is selected our customer service team will contact you to make the change.
The Takahashi Epsilon 180ED f/2.8 Hyperbolic Flat-Field Astrograph Telescope is fast field photo visual astrograph that revolutionizes imaging. This fine instrument is perfect for the new multi-mega pixel digital 35 mm cameras and CCD imaging equipment as well as your traditional film methods with a 35 mm camera. The super fast focal ratio of f/2.8 not only means short exposure times, but picking up details normally invisible to slower focal ratio telescopes, such as fait extended nebulosity and details in the galactic structure.
The newly designed extra-low dispersion two element corrector housed in a rotating focuser assembly makes the Tak Epsilon 180 Astrograph special. No one knows optics like Takahashi and the ED design provides incomparable contrast and sharpness, combined with extreme accuracy. The Tak Epsilon 180 is a suitable, visual instrument capable of producing 10 micron stellar images across the entire super-flat field. The exposure time on the Tak Epsilon 180 becomes a fraction of what was once required to capture the image because of the fast speeds ensuring even less change of tracking errors or random change affecting your astrophotography.
The Tak Epsilon 180 has super solid, heavy duty construction that allows for transportation without the loss of its collimation. Giving you set up flexibility on the Tak Epsilon 180 is made possible with the mechanical design quality and the perfectly matched optics. These very features are very hard to match in other astrophotography oriented telescopes since no one quite makes Astrograph telescopes quite like Takahashi. Saving your precious dark time to concentrate on the essentials is made possible by initial collimations and installing your photographic equipment in advance. This fast control of your telescope put the Takahashi Epsilon 180ED Astrograph ahead of its class and makes your experience a much more pleasurable one.
The Tak Epsilon 180 comes equipped with a low profile Crayford focuser that has a rotary connector system for framing. This focuser can either be used when it comes to the ED corrector assembly or it can be removed if so desired. As an optional accessory, a microfocuser (MEF-1) is available. When both in place, the Crayford and corrector with yield a 44 mm (1.7") flat field image circle large enough to cover a 35 mm sized CCD chip. The effective focal length on the Tak Epsilon 180 is 19.7" (500 mm) and its back-focal distance measures 2.2" (56 mm). The 4-lens corrector practically does not generate any chromatism and the diffraction pattern shows almost no coma.
The Takahashi Epsilon-180ED Hyperbolic Flat-Field Astograph telescope design isn't as strenuous on the user. The Tak Epsilon 180 is far less sensitive to collimation issues because it is not a high-resolution reflector. It isn't necessary to perform a star collimation at every set-up, unlike Cassegrain-style telescopes. The primary mirror cell is supplied with three dual-action collimation screws that either push or pull. There are also three screws with counter-nut adjustments to regulate the pressure on the primary mirror and to also keep flexure of the primary mirror under control during temperature change. To ensure perfect alignment of the optical axis there are reference marks on both mirror assemblies. Critical adjustments are quick, slick and easy because of this Takahashi system and its collimation eyepiece created for the Epsilon-180ED.
Getting superior contrast image with pinpoint stars right out of the edge of field will keep you pleased with your investment of the Takahashi Epsilon 180ED f/2.8 Hyperbolic Flat-Field Astrograph. Even though the Epsilon 180ED is mainly an astrophotography-minded telescope, it can also be a viable instrument giving first rate performance as a large field visual optical instrument.
- Critical alignments are fast and easy with dual action collimation screws, collimation marks, and mirror tension adjustment
- Offering a rotary system for framing and providing 56 mm of backfocus from the end of the corrector is made possible with the low profile Crayford-style rack-and-pinion focuser
- Producing flat field images with no coma or chromatism is accomplished with extra-low dispersion two element corrector combined with a hyperbolic primary mirror
- 180 mm effective aperture enables a light grasp of 661x at a limiting visual magnitude of 13.0 with an outstanding resolution factor of 0.64 arcsecond
- Focal length of 500 mm and focal ratio of f/2.8 yield 44 mm image circle- 60% un-vignetted
- Included is a M54 mm female thread photographic connector on the corrector (for wide T-mount)
- Tube Dimensions: 570 mm/22.4" (length) - 232 mm/9.13" (diameter) - 22 lb/10.7 kg (weight)
- Five Year Manufacturer Warranty