- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron NexStar 4SE Computerized Telescope Essential Bundle - 11049-BUN1
Celestron NexStar 4SE Computerized Telescope Essentials Bundle
- You are going to love this telescope bundle! It includes a huge array of much-desired accessories to outfit the amazing Celestron NexStar 4SE telescope, a high-quality computerized GoTo telescope that is portable, easy to use for both terrestrial and celestial observing, and will provide bright, high-contrast images of objects located in our own solar system as well as those millions of light years away!
- The thirteen-piece High Point 1.25" Eyepiece & Filter Kit With Aluminum Case includes five eyepieces, a 2X Barlow that can be used to double the magnification of each eyepiece, a set of color filters, and an aluminum case. If you count the standard included eyepiece as well, this package will give you a choice of twelve different magnifications, or powers, for your telescope...enough to give you the perfect view of any object!
- The NexStar 4SE normally runs on AA batteries, but when you are close to an AC wall outlet, why not save those batteries and run off of household current? The included Celestron AC Adapter will allow you to do just that and is part of this special telescope bundle.
- When you are away from AC power, instead of using batteries, run your telescope off of DC power with the included cable and the Celestron 12V 7AH Power Tank! This portable power supply can sit under your tripod legs and run your telescope all night!
- Optical Design: Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Aperture (mm): 102 mm (4.02 in)
- Focal Length: 1325 mm (52 in)
- Focal Ratio: 13
- Focal Length of Eyepiece(mm): 25 mm (0.98 in)
- Magnification of Eyepiece: 53 x
- Finderscope: Starpointer (Includes 3V CR2032 lithium button battery)
- Star Diagonal: Internal Flip mirror for straight thru or 90 viewing angle
- Mount Type: Single Fork Arm Altazimuth
- Tripod: Steel with built-in wedge
- Tripod Dimensions (Collapsed): 28" tall, 9" x 9"
- Power Requirements: 8-AA batteries (not included)
- Highest Useful Magnification: 241 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 15 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.5
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.37 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.14 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power: 212 x
- Apparent Field of View: 1°
- Linear Field of View (@ 1000 yards): 53 ft (16 m)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction:1.38 in (35 mm)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 34%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 12%
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 13.5 in (343 mm)
- Total Telescope Kit Weight: 11 lb. (4.99 kg)
- Tripod Weight: 10 lb. (4.54 kg) lb. (4.54 kg)
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, SolarSystem Align
- Communication Ports: RS-232 communication port on hand control, Aux port, Camera Control port
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- Database: 38,181 accessible objects
- Warranty: 2-year Telescope Warranty
More About the Celestron NexStar 4SE Telescope
The Celestron NexStar 4SE is one sweet telescope! These innovative telescopes were very popular right from the start, and continue to be one of the best-selling Celestron telescopes to this day. This type of customer loyalty and popularity is due to several design elements incorporated into the NexStar SE, making it easy-to-use, fast to set-up, accurate when pointing to astronomical objects, and flexible for both visual and astrophotography use. Over the years, support accessories have been developed by Celestron to add even more functionality to the NexStar SE, keeping it current and desirable.
Celestron NexStar 4SE Maksutov-Cassegrain Optics
The Maksutov-Cassegrain optics of the 4” NexStar SE offer up high-contrast images, similar to that of a refractor-style telescope, but in a package that is way more portable, not to mention economical. With a focal ratio of f/13, the sky background will be inky black, allowing the Moon, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Venus, and a multitude of deep-sky wonders (objects that lie outside of our solar system) to “pop”.
Use the NexStar 4SE Day or Night
The alt-azimuth configuration of the NexStar SE mount makes it easy to use this telescope for terrestrial applications as well as night-sky viewing. Simple left-right-up-down movements are a piece of cake, and the large 4” optical system will collect enough light to see animals and other objects, even during the traditionally difficult viewing times surrounding sunrise and sunset. Set the NexStar 4SE up on your deck or patio, take it with you on a camping trip, to a local star party or on a trip to your favorite National Park…this is one flexible telescope that you will use again and again!
Three Separate Components Make the NexStar 4SE a Cinch to Set Up!
Even if you have a VW Beetle like I do, the thoughtfully designed components of the NexStar 4SE can easily fit in your trunk or on your back seat! The optical tube assembly (OTA) attaches to and separates easily from the NexStar SE Mount, and the mount can be removed from the tripod in a flash. So that’s it…you have the OTA, which is very compact at just over a foot long, the NexStar SE mount, with its super portable yet sturdy single fork arm, and the tripod, which folds up nicely and weighs about 10 lb. Altogether, including the tripod, the telescope weighs 21 pounds, but no component weighs more than 10 pounds on its own! That means it is easy to handle by most anyone, and trust me, a telescope that is lightweight and easy to set up is one you will use. This baby will not sit in the closet!
Amazingly Accurate Electronics Get the Job Done
Sitting in its appointed location in the fork arm of the Celestron SE mount is the NexStar+ computerized hand controller. This little black box is the brains behind the telescope. The optics do the job of pulling faint objects into the instrument for you to enjoy, but the NexStar+ will quickly figure out the telescope's location on the planet and show you any celestial body in the Universe that is within the telescope’s grasp. That’s a lot of responsibility! The layout and functionality of the NexStar+ hand controller is one of the pleasures of buying a Celestron telescope. They have been doing this a long time, and over the years, have tweaked their hand controllers to make them as user-friendly as possible.
Sky Align & 40,000 Objects to Choose From!
Sky Align, a built-in function that lets you quickly and easily align the telescope, is a good example of the well-thought-out electronics included with the NexStar SE series. Sky Align is the easiest way to get your NexStar aligned and ready to observe. Even if you do not know a single star in the sky, the NexStar SE will have you aligned in minutes by asking for some basic information. Then you simply aim the telescope to any three bright celestial objects in the sky. Since Sky Align requires no knowledge of the night sky it is not necessary to know the name of the stars at which you are aiming. You may even select a planet or the moon!
The NexStar+ hand controller sports automatic slewing and menu descriptions that make sense! Even a beginner can master its variety of features in just a few observing sessions. With the push of a few buttons on the hand controller, you can take a Sky Tour of the best objects that are up that particular night, or you can choose the objects yourself from a celestial database of nearly 40,000 stars, galaxies, nebulae, star clusters, planets, and more.
Easy Equatorial Mode for Astro-Imaging
The Celestron NexStar 4SE is a great choice if you’d like a telescope that can track the movements of the stars in equatorial mode so that you have the option of taking beautiful astro-images of deep-sky objects. This is achieved by adjusting the built-in wedge, a metal plate that quietly sits on top of the tripod until needed. To convert your NexStar 4SE telescope so that it tracks equatorially, simply adjust the latitude adjustment rod to match the latitude of your observing site. The rod has latitude markings on it to make it easy to know when the built-in wedge is tilted correctly.
The Celestron NexStar 4SE Will Grow With You!
Celestron NexStar 4SE Specifications
More About Powering Your NexStar
The ability to run the NexStar 4SE on AA batteries is great, and there will be times you will be very happy Celestron designed it that way. However, batteries CAN get expensive, and if you aren't careful to make sure you always have extra batteries on hand, you will find yourself out under a beautiful night sky without any power. Never fear! One of the best hints we can give you is to always have a backup power plan, and it is so important that High Point decided to provide you with not one, but two options!
The first choice is a simple AC Adapter. If you are observing in your yard or on your patio, there is a good chance that you will have access to a standard AC wall outlet. We have included a Celestron AC Adapter for times such as these. This 2 amp AC Adapter is fully compatible with the NexStar 4SE telescope.
Part of the fun of owning a telescope is taking it out to a truly dark sky site! The lack of light pollution will really improve your views of deep-sky objects and is also a real benefit if you want to do some astro-imaging. Most of the time, there is no access to wall outlets when you are at a dark location, and in these instances, a DC adapter and portable DC power supply is just the thing! We have included the Celestron 12V 7AH Power Tank, a portable rechargeable power supply that can be charged up and used anywhere. With its emergency light and booster terminals, the Power Tank also comes in handy in a power outage or when your car won't start. The included cigarette lighter plug DC adapter plugs right into the NexStar 4SE on one end, and the Power Tank on the other.