- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Meade 8" LX90 Telescope Bundle - 0810-90-03-BUN1
Meade LX90 ACF Telescope Bundle
with 13-Piece Accessory Kit, AC Adapter & 7AH Portable Battery
- The Meade 8” LX90 Telescope Bundle, with its high-performance ACF optical system, is all the telescope you will ever need, and now we’ve bundled this superb telescope with extra eyepieces, filters, and a power adapter for the ultimate observing experience!
- A computerized telescope is a fast, fun way to tour the cosmos, and the Meade 8” LX90 delivers that experience in spades. Use the easy to use AutoStar controller to trip the light fantastic.
- Astronomers know how important sharp, high contrast views are to the success of any observing session. With Meade’s Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical system, you’ll get professional results.
- This special package includes a Celestron 1.25" Eyepiece & Filter Kit With Aluminum Case, which includes 5 eyepieces, a set of planetary filters, a 2X Barlow, and an aluminum case to keep them in!
- You’ll also receive a Celestron 7AH 12V Rechargeable Power Tank; a portable battery that you can take anywhere, and use to power this telescope as well as other accessories. In order to use the Power Tank with your Meade LX90, we've included the Meade #607 12V DC Power Cord. You can read more about all the components of the 8” LX90-ACF Telescope Bundle below:
An Overview of the Meade LX90 Telescope
The Meade 8" LX90 has an 8” diameter f/10 ACF optical system (focal length 2000mm) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum image brightness and contrast. Electronics include the advanced Meade AudioStar™ computer system with over 30,000 object library, multiple guided tours, High Precision Pointing capability, and Meade SmartDrive with Permanent Periodic Error Correction.
Precise and quick star alignment is accomplished with an incorporated 16 channel genuine Sony GPS receiver. The AudioStar™ is flash-updatable via free downloads at Meade.com (optional cable required). The Meade 8” LX90 features a solid and stable aluminum double fork mount, with fast slew speeds that are adjustable from 1 to 7 degrees per second. Fine slewing and photographic guiding speeds can be adjusted from .01x to 1x sidereal in 1/100th increments. The mount and all electronics are internally powered by 8 (user supplied) C-cell batteries, which will typically operate the telescope for a generous 60 hours. The mount also has mechanical locks in both axes allowing adjustment even without power.
The LX90 comes fully equipped with a heavy duty height adjustable Meade Field Tripod, 1.25" diagonal prism, Series 4000 26mm 5-Element Plössl eyepiece, Meade AutoStar® Suite Astronomer Edition Software for PC, and an 8x50 optical viewfinder with quick release bracket.
Advanced Coma-Free Optical System
Unlike Schmidt-Cassegrain systems, Meade’s Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical system provides razor-sharp pin-point star images all the way to the very edge of the field of view. This aplanatic (coma-free) optical system brings the highest level of performance to the amateur astronomer. In the ACF design of the Meade LX90, light enters from the right, passes through a thin lens with 2-sided aspheric correction (“correcting plate”), proceeds to a spherical primary mirror, and then to a hyperbolic secondary mirror. The hyperbolic secondary mirror multiplies the effective focal length of the primary mirror and results in a focus at the focal plane, with light passing through a central perforation in the primary mirror.
The 8” Meade LX90-ACF includes an oversized primary mirror, yielding a fully illuminated field-of-view significantly wider than is possible with a standard-size primary mirror. Meade ACF telescopes have off-axis field illumination of about 10% greater, aperture-for-aperture, than other systems utilizing standard-size primary mirrors. Field stops machined into the inside-diameter surface of the primary mirror baffle tube significantly increase lunar, planetary, and deep-space image contrast. These field stops effectively block off-axis stray light rays.
Tour the Cosmos with Meade AutoStar
Control of the Meade LX90 is through the operation of the AutoStar. Nearly all functions of the telescope are accomplished with just a few pushes of AutoStar’s buttons. Some of the major features of AutoStar are:
- Automatically move the telescope to any of over 30,000 objects stored in the database or manually enter the astronomical coordinates of any celestial object.
- Take a guided tour of the best celestial objects to view on any given night of the year.
- Download the latest satellite data and software revisions directly from the Meade website and share software with other AutoStar enthusiasts.
- Control your Meade LX90 Telescope Bundle with your PC using an RS-232 interface.
- Access a glossary of astronomical terms.
- Calculate which eyepiece to use for optimum viewing of a celestial object.
- Mount the telescope in the “Alt/Az” mode (Altitude - Azimuth, or vertical - horizontal) for fully automatic tracking of celestial objects.
- Extensive long-exposure astrophotography and CCD imaging capability is available when the LX90 is mounted in the “Equatorial” (Polar) mode using an optional mounting wedge.
Align Your Meade LX90 Telescope with GPS Assistance
The Global Positioning System (GPS) is comprised of 24 satellites orbiting the Earth that are constantly transmitting their precise position and time. The system provides highly accurate, worldwide positioning and navigation information for any number of applications. GPS receivers on the Earth acquire signals from three to twelve satellites to determine the precise latitude, longitude, and time of the receiver. (Accuracy of the receiver’s position may be within 10 to 15 feet.) As AutoStar uses latitude, longitude, and time information to calculate the positions of celestial objects, GPS is an ideal tool for aligning your telescope.
About the Celestron 1.25" Filter and Eyepiece Kit
The 1.25" Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit with Aluminum Case is a 13 Piece 1.25" telescope eyepiece kit that contains:
Celestron Plossl Eyepieces (Five superior grade Plossl eyepieces) - 1.25": The Celestron Plossl Eyepieces come with a 4 element design and have a 52 degree AFOV (32 mm has 44 degrees). The Celestron Plossl Eyepieces have superb color resolution, edge sharpness and clarity. All Celestron eyepieces in the Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit are fully-multicoated for maximum contrast and resolution. Supplied eyepieces are the 6 mm, 8 mm, 13 mm, 17 mm, and 32 mm focal length Plossl type.
Celestron Barlow Lens - 2x 1.25": The 2x Barlow lens in the Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit compliments the Plossl eyepieces and gives you a total of ten power combinations. High grade glass optics with fully-multicoated lenses are used so there is no degradation of image.
Celestron colored eyepiece (Lunar and planetary) Filters - 1.25": Included in this Celestron accessory kit are Kodak Wratten #12, #21, #25, #56, #58, and #80A filters. Since you have all the eyepieces necessary to study the planets and moon in detail, these filters will greatly enhance your enjoyment of our solar system.
Celestron Moon Filter - 1.25": A neutral-density (ND) filter which allows you maximum enjoyment of the Moon, especially during its brighter phases.
Celestron Aluminum Carrying Case: This sturdy and well-built case fits all of the above items in the die-cut foam interior and has room for additional accessories.
About the Celestron 12-Volt, 7 Amp Portable Power Tank
Now you can take your telescope anywhere with the portable, rechargeable Celestron Power Tank power supply. Whether you have a computerized telescope or operate your telescope using motors, Celestron specially designed this product with the amateur astronomer in mind -- this model is packed with useful features. Not only useful for setting up and powering your scope, this telescope power supply can also be useful as an emergency roadside accessory as it includes an emergency light, and booster terminals in place to start weak car batteries.
- 7-amp hour
- Two 12V output cigarette lighter ports
- Built-in (2) USB ports for charing portable devices
- Built-in flashlight with red filter cap
- Energy efficient LED spotlight
- Booster terminal on rear side
- Built-in Circuit Breaker for safety
- Cigarette lighter adapter included
- 110 V/220 V switchable universal AC adapter included
About the Meade #607 12 VDC Power Cord
Use this 12VDC Power Cord to power your Meade ETX 90/105/125AT, LX10, LX90, or LX200GPS telescopes in the field by connecting it to the Celestron Power Tank or a 12 VDC automobile cigarette lighter socket. This cord is 25 ft in length, and includes a standard automobile cigarette lighter plug on one end, and the required DC power plug for your Meade telescope on the other.