Best Telescopes from Top Brands
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Telescope Aperture: 120mm (4.02")
- Focal Ratio: f/7
- Telescope Mount Type: No Mount - OTA Only
- Type of Electronics: OTA Only - No Electronics
What is the Best Telescope to Buy?
There are several characteristics you’ll want to pay attention to when buying a telescope, including:
- This helps determine a telescope’s focal ratio and field of view which impact how far you will be able to see.
- The aperture determines the quality and amount of light your telescope or optical tube assembly (OTA) will capture.
- Reflecting telescopes are reliable and versatile with their use of mirrors to capture light.
- Refracting telescopes use lenses and come in popular styles such as achromatic and apochromatic.
- Catadioptric telescopes combine lenses and mirrors into one cohesive optical tube assembly.
These factors make each telescope unique, providing a different viewing experience.
Telescopes for Sale Online at High Point Scientific
High Point Scientific offers an unparalleled selection of telescopes for sale ranging from small Newtonians, collapsible Truss-Tube Dobsonians, modern astrographs, high-powered computerized GoTo GPS telescopes and everything in between. We carry the most popular brands, such as Celestron, Baader Planetarium, Meade, Orion, and many more to give you the best selection for your budget. Each telescope or OTA presented on our site has been personally selected by an experienced member of our team to ensure that each of our customers ends up with a high-quality product at a great price when purchasing telescopes online. In addition, we have outfitted every telescope we sell with unlimited tech support for life! No matter how you look at it, we have you covered and we want you to appreciate the hobby of amateur astronomy as much as we do!
We have a wide variety of telescopes for sale so we are confident you will find what you are looking for. Our reflecting telescopes include Newtonians, Dobsonians, and Ritchey-Chretiens. We also have both achromatic and apochromatic refracting telescopes. Our most popular catadioptric OTAs are Schmidt-Cassegrain and Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes. Don’t forget about our wide selection of astrographs, perfect for budding astrophotographers, and computerized telescopes to help you find celestial objects with ease.
Figuring out the best telescope to buy can be daunting. We at High Point are here to help you make the right selection based on your aspirations and budget. Need help getting started? Check out our telescope bundles including vital accessories such as eyepieces, tripods, barlows, filters, cleaning tools, and much more.