Coronado PST 0.5 Angstrom Personal Solar Telescope
The Coronado PST state-of-the-art patented technology to provide superb views of both Solar surface detail and prominences. Sub-angstrom H-A systems have long been cost prohibitive for the amateur. Designs other than the Coronado are difficult to use because of temperature and F-Ratio requirements. Not only does the Coronado PST solar telescope have a bandpass of and <1.0 angstrom (the double-stacked PST has a bandpass of and <0.5) but it is also thermally stable and requires no more time to operate than putting in a eyepiece and adjusting the focus. Safe solar observing in H-alpha for a fraction the cost of other solal filter systems is now a reality! The Coronado PST represents the same technology and quality that goes into a SolarMax series telescope, but with a few unique design characteristics that allow us to offer it for less than some premium eyepieces. The Coronado Personal Solar Telescope will show you prominences, active regions, filaments, as well as other surface details. The Coronado PST telescope is made from milled aluminum.
Coronado PST 0.5 Angstrom Personal Solar Telescope Features:
- Included 20 mm (20x) 1.25" Kellner eyepiece
- Integrated focuser and telescope combination to inhibit dust
- Narrow passband width provides maximum contrast and visibility of active solar regions
- Achromatic doublet objective lens is fully multi-coated
- Thread-in metal lens cover to protect the objective lens
- High quality 400 mm focal length 40 mm aperture f/10 refractor
- Five Year Warranty
Photo shows a Coronado PST on an optional tabletop tripod, available separately!