Focusers & Accessories
- Focuser Design/Type: Crayford Focusers
- Focuser Size - Eyepiece Side: 2"
- Single or Dual Speed Focuser: Dual Speed Focuser
- Adapts the PrimaLuceLab Sesto Senso Robotic Focuser to 2.5" or 3" Feather Touch
- Alternatively, the 33mm Adapter will fit any 33mm diameter focuser shaft.
- Installs on the focuser instead of the focus knobs.
- Metal bracket attached the Optec FocusLynx Control Hub to most any mount
- Made of black-anodized 6061 aluminum
- Includes 4 4-40 flathead screws to attach to FocusLynx
- Focus Accessory Type: Focus Motor
- Ports: USB-C to Standard USB, ARCO Port, 12V Power Supply Port
- Software: FOCUS Manager and ASCOM Driver
- WiFi: Yes
- Optec DirectSync APO Motor Assembly for Meade, Stellarvue, William Optics
- Works with FocusLynx dual focuser control system (sold separately)
- Motor assembly replaces course focus knob
- Provides approximately 1.4 micron per step resolution
- Also works with several other refractors with dual-speed focusers
- Extension tube for Explore 2.5" RP focusers
- 37mm height
- Focuser Design/Type: Electronic Focusers
- Focuser Size - Eyepiece Side: 2" with 1.25" Adapter
- Single or Dual Speed Focuser: Single Speed Focuser
Upgrade your current focuser today with a new one from High Point Scientific! Our experts have picked the best of the best for you to choose from. No matter what your budget is, we are confident you will find a focuser that suits your needs. It’s no secret that the optics are the most important part of any telescope, but the focuser is just as crucial when it comes to your viewing or imaging experience. The focuser is the link between the telescope itself and the eyepiece or camera.
If it is shaky or jumpy when the draw tube is racked in or out or flexes when heavier eyepieces or accessories are introduced, your focuser can make observing almost impossible. A quality focuser should provide precise positioning of the eyepiece or camera to within .002 inches. Focusing should be smooth and easy, without any backlash, so that the telescope doesn’t vibrate or shake, even at higher magnifications. A decent focuser should be able to handle the weight of today’s multi-element eyepieces, as well as a DSLR or standard CCD camera.
At High Point, you will find affordable rack and pinion focusers and more advanced Crayford focusers. We also carry highly precise electric and motorized focusers. These are excellent because they virtually eliminate vibration by removing the need to touch the telescope. Electric and motorized focusers may also come with a controller and/or different speed settings to bring convenience and variety to your viewing experience.