- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Atik 314L+ Monochrome CCD Camera w/ Sony ICX285AL Sensor - ATK0058
Atik has discontinued the 314L+ Monochrome CCD Camera, and we are out of stock. Here is a link to the Atik Cameras we carry at High Point. Hopefully, you can find a proper replacement in this selection. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-266-9590 or send an email, and we will be happy to help you. Thank you!
Atik 314L+ Monochrome CCD Camera w/ Sony ICX285AL Sensor
Buy this Camera & Get a Filter Set for 50% Off! For a limited time, when you buy any new monochrome Atik or QSI camera (except the Atik LP) you will be eligible to purchase your choice of one Atik LRGB or Narrowband Filter Set at a substantially discounted price! If you are interested in this offer, put an eligible camera into your shopping cart and then visit the Atik Filter Sets page to choose your discounted filter set. Remember, you must have a new Atik or QSI mono camera in your shopping cart in order to take advantage of this offer. We will cancel any orders that do not follow these rules. Thanks.
- ATIK 314L+ CCD Camera uses a Sony ICX285AL Interline Monochrome Sensor
- Virtually eliminates thermal current, highly-efficient thermoelectric cooling to 27 degrees Celsius below ambient temperature making dark frames unnecessary
- For automated operation, software-controlled cooling switch
- Features an ST-4 Compatible port and can be used as a guide camera, as well as an imager
- ATIK 314L+ CCD Cameras symmetrical and compact design enables use with fork mounts as well as Starizona's Hyperstar System
- Longer imaging sessions in the field with low power consumption- 12 V, 0.8 A
- For ultra fast download, a USB2 is provided with the ATIK 314L+ CCD Camera
Featuring state-of-the-art technology for supreme performance and ease-of-use, the ATIK 314L+ camera is based on the highly successful ATIK 3 platform. Matching dark frames are a snap with the full set point temperature regulation on the 314L+ by ATIK.
There are many benefits of the ATIK 3 platform from extensive research and development, they include:
- Best-in-field readout noise characteristics with provided advanced electronics
- For ultra-fast download speeds, USB2 performance
- 1 Megapixel/second readout or 2 Megapixel/second in preview mode
- Less stress on your focuser with the provided lightweight cases
- Use with fork mounts and Starizona's Hyperstar system because of the compact and symmetrical camera design
- Longer imaging sessions in the field with low power consumption- 12V, -8A.
- Highly efficient set point thermoelectric cooling- to 27 degrees Celsius below ambient temperature
- For automated operation a software-controlled cooling switch
- Can be used as a guide camera as well as an imager with the featured ST-4 Compatible port
Like its brother the ATIK 314E, the ATIK 314L+ draws on all the advantages of the popular and highly successful platform. In addition to this, the ATIK 314L+ incorporates an exceptional Sony ICX285AL ExView 1392x1040 sensor with larger 6.45 µm pixels. This makes it suitable for use on a wide range of telescopes.
The ATIK 314L+ is an extremely sensitive camera with a readout noise typically 4 electrons rms and data download takes only 1.8 s for a full-frame readout, or 0.9 s in preview mode. Weighing only 400 g this camera is compact and efficient with each use.
For camera control and data acquisition the highly acclaimed Capture software is included with the 314L+, as well as plug-ins to allow use with Astroart, MaximDL and CCDSoft. System requirements: Pentium II PC with 64MB RAM, Windows 98/XP/Vista, CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.
The Sony ICX285AL Interline CCD Chip:
With a square pixel array, the Sony ICX285AL is a diagonal 11 mm (Type 2/3) interline CCD solid-state image sensor. Through the adoption of EXview HAD CCD technology, high sensitivity and low smear are achieved. All pixels signals can be output independently with the progressive scan within approximately 1/15 second. Supporting 60 frames per second is the adoption of high frame rate readout mode.
This chip makes it possible to realize full-frame still images without a mechanical shutter because of the electronic shutter feature with a variable charge-storage time. The Sony ICX285AL Interline CCD Chip fits well for image input applications such as still cameras which require high resolution, etc.
- Camera body with 1.25" adapter
- 1.8 meter battery power connector (with car lighter plug)
- 3 meter USB cable
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user manual (PDF)
- Quick start guide (printed)Sony ICX285AL Interline CCD Chip Features
- Progressive scan allows individual readout of the image signals from all pixels
- High horizontal and vertical resolution (both approximately 1024 TV-lines) still images without a mechanical shutter
- Supports high frame rate readout mode (effective 256 lines output, 60 frame/s)
- Square pixel - Aspect ratio: 4:3 - Horizontal drive frequency: 28.64 MHz
- High sensitivity, low smear. Low dark current, excellent anti-blooming characteristics
- Continuous variable-speed shutter. Horizontal register: 5.0 V drive
- Substrate material: Silicon - Image size: Diagonal 11 mm (Type 2/3)
- Total number of pixels: 1434 (H) 1050 (V) approx. 1.50M pixels
- Number of effective pixels: 1392 (H) 1040 (V) approx. 1.45M pixels
- Number of active pixels: 1360 (H) 1024 (V) approx. 1.40M pixels
- Chip size: 10.2 mm (H) 8.3 mm (V) - Unit cell size: 6.45 m (H) 6.45 m (V)
- Optical black: Horizontal (H) direction: Front 2 pixels, rear 40 pixels, Vertical (V) direction: Front 8 pixels, rear 2 pixels
- Number of dummy bits: Horizontal 20, Vertical 3