- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader 2" ClickLock Clamp for Vixen Refractors (M60 Thread) - CLVX-2
Baader 2” ClickLock Eyepiece Clamp for Vixen Refractors
- This Baader 2” ClickLock Eyepiece Clamp is made for all Vixen refractors that use the M60 (external) thread.
- Finally, an eyepiece holder that works like a charm! Simply grasp the rubber-knurled outer collar and lightly twist - that's all there is to it.
- 3-point clamping of the Vixen ClickLock Clamp guarantees consistent centering and the complete absence of wobble.
- No-Marring of your fine eyepieces and accessories.
- With the Baader Click Lock Eyepiece Clamp you’ll experience absolutely no sag or misalignment, even for heavy and long
- Mates to other T2 components for the ultimate in flexibility.
About the Baader Click-Lock Eyepiece Clamp
The Baader ClickLock Eyepiece Clamp is a precision clamping eyepiece holder that enables you to insert your eyepieces or standard 1.25” accessories anywhere within the Baader Astro T-2 System™, or for upgrading the stock holder supplied with your telescope. The Click-Lock clamp offers a better approach to eyepiece holders. Once you try one, you'll never go back to simple set screw or even captive brass clamp rings again! With a gentle twist of the outer ring, two special non-marring cam rollers come into contact with the eyepiece and firmly lock it into the holder. The 3-point clamp action guarantees none of the eyepiece wobble common in all single screw clamps or lock-ring style holders. The lack of a protruding lock screw also eliminates one of the annoying hassles of standard holders - no more contortions trying to trying to work your nose around an inconveniently positioned screw!
The eyepiece holder is precisely machined to fit with a minimum of slop, resulting in a close, accurate fit that keeps your eyepiece properly centered on the optical axis. The long contact length of the cam rollers also makes this holder compatible with all grooved eyepiece barrels by bridging the groove. On the front (input) side, the eyepiece clamp has an internal T-2 thread to mate it to the other components of the T-2 system. On the output side, Baader has added two additional unique and useful features. The top of the holder is actually an adjustable micro-focusing collar, with 6.5 mm of travel. It allows you to precisely vary and set the overall clamp height to allow fine adjustment of focus or height for matching other accessories. Furthermore, this ring is removable, which exposes an external T-2 thread. By coupling extension tubes, you can use the Click-Lock as an afocal projection system (using eyepieces with outside diameters of 37mm maximum).
The Baader Click-Lock Eyepiece Clamp makes a superior replacement for the stock eyepiece holders supplied with popular telescopes.
The Click-Lock Eyepiece Clamp is also a key component for a number of common Astro T-2 System configurations, such as the Precision Amici Diagonal, and as a parfocal eyepiece holder for CCD focusing with the Alan Gee Mark II Telecompressor.