- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm CCD Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter - HA6-NIKXL
Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm Nikon XL Full Frame CCD Clip Filter
- Featuring a Nikon Full Frame clip format, this Astronomik 6 nm H-Alpha CCD Filter is known to be compatible with Nikon D800, D810, and D850 full frame DSLR camera bodies.
- Made with regards to the finest technical standards to allow top-of-the-line optical performance for deep sky imaging with CCD cameras
- Simultaneously allows H-Alpha emissions to pass and blocks almost the entire remainer of the visual spectrum including IR
- Approximately 6 nm of FWHM bandwidth
- All unwanted light pollution is blocked, making this filter optimal for imaging supernova residue as well as planetary nebulae
- Made in Germany, a country noted for their superb quality optics!
More About the Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm CCD Filter
An extremely narrow emission-line filter, the Astronomik 6 nm H-alpha filter is for CCD imaging work and not for visual or solar applications. It is designed for use with instruments as fast as f/3.5. This narrowband filter allows the h-alpha light from emission nebulae pass through to your sensor while blocking other areas of the spectrum almost completely.This Astronomik H-Alpha CCD Filter has an FWHM of 6 nm, making it optimal for presenting maximum contrast between objects that give off h-alpha light such as emission nebulae, and the airglow background. While the 12 nm provides functionality analogous to the 6 nm, the latter offers higher contrast gain due to its reduced FWHM. As a result, some background stars will be dimmed or won't appear at all in the final image. This can be avoided simply by using both the 6 nm and 12 nm filters at the same time, allowing for maximum contrast in h-alpha objects while maintaining the visibility of the background stars in the resulting image. Given that the Astronomik 6 nm H-Alpha CCD Filter completely suppresses the main offenders of light pollution, mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) emissions lines, it makes for an excellent filter for use in a light-polluted environment.
Astronomik Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter System Compatibility
- The Nikon XL-Clip Filter have been successfully tested with the D800, D810 and the D850, although some customers are reporting error messages when used in a D850 with AF lenses. All manual lenses and T-adapters work fine!
- Nikon full frame cameras that are not listed above have not been tested yet.
- The Nikon XL Clip Filter will not work with cameras with APS-C sized sensors or with the new mirrorless models.
Please note this filter must NEVER be used for solar observing or imaging. Doing so will cause permanent damage to your eyes.