- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP IR-Pass Filter - EOS M Clip - P642-EOS-M
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP IR-Pass Filter - EOS M Clip
Please Note : The "M" series of Astronomik filters are designed to work with the new mirrorless cameras from Canon.
The ProPlanet 642 BP is the most recent addition to Astronomik's ProPlanet IR-pass filter family. This filter offers a wide assortment of applications for daytime IR photography, high resolution imaging of the Moon and planets, and capturing gorgeous deep sky images of objects in H-alpha regions when used for astro-imaging. The P642 IR-Pass Filter offers a 200 nm spectral window between 642 nm and 842 nm. As opposed to the other two Astronomik ProPlanet filters, the P642 blocks the longer infrared. Astronomik is now providing users with three separate options for their IR-imaging needs, this P642 filter as well as their other two ProPlanet filters, the 742 and 807. For best imaging, the ProPlanet 642 will frequently be the ideal choice.
- Images have high contrast and superb color presentation
- Clear "wood effect" images
- No longer IR hot spot
- Short exposure times nearly identical to regular VIS-imaging
- An optimal fit for Infrared videos
High Resolution Lunar & Planetary Imaging:
- Short exposure times
- Satisfactory seeing reduction
- Enhanced contrast
- Longer IR obstruction removes ghosting and allows peak sharpness
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Best H-Alpha line transmission at 656 nm
- Approximately 40 nm FWHM with astro-modified Digital SLR cameras
- Amazing contrast even under the light of the Moon or in heavy light pollution
- Priced reasonably for H-Alpha imaging amateurs
- Camera display coupled with LiveView allows easy focusing
- For wavelengths in the 642 nm to 842 nm range, transmission is over 96%
- Wavelengths from 350 nm to 630 nm are obstructed
- Parfocal with all other Astronomik filters
- 1 mm glass thickness
- Offers complete insulation from the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and thus will not lessen your telescope's optical performance
- Astronomik filters arrive in a durable plastic filter container of superior quality
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for their supreme quality optics!
Astronomik EOS M Clip Filter System
Made from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art machines, Astronomik's unique Clip-Filter system can be placed directly into the camera body of Canon EOS M series M1, M10, M3, M5, and M6 models in only seconds. Adjustments are not needed, and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, stay operational! This EOS M Clip-Filter system is also suitable for use with all currently known EF-M lenses, along with all other lenses with EF and EF-S bayonets by using an adapter. This system also serves as a suitable dust shield, preventing dust from gathering on your sensor when taking long exposures.