- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron 11" RASA V2 OTA with Ultra Stable Focus System - 91076
Celestron 11" RASA V2 Astrograph OTA
- Images generated by this fast, wide-field 11" f/2.2 Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph optical design featuring rare-earth glass do not exhibit any false color, coma, or field curvature.
- Preserves pinpoint stars to the far reaches of even the largest imaging sensors via a large 43.3 mm optimized image circle, while for larger format sensors, the available field increases even more to 52 mm.
- Incorporates a new Ultra-Stable Focus System (USFS) to curtail focus shift and mirror flop.
- The 11" RASA's air-cooling system contains a quiet, high-output 12V MagLev fan as well as mesh filter vents to keep dust out.
- Included T-thread and M48 camera adapters enable convenient attachment to popular CCD and DSLR cameras.
With this Celestron 11" RASA (Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph) V2 telescope, the perfect complement to the finest modern DSLR or astronomical CCD cameras, capturing extraordinary deep sky images is now easier than ever. Compared to conventional f/10 astrophotography, this fast f/2.2 wide-field system supports shorter exposure times while also not compromising resolution. Enabling shorter sub-exposure times eliminates the need for your equatorial mount to accurately track over lengthy periods. Equatorial tracking demands are also reduced. Autoguiding will not be required in many instances.
The RASA 11 V2 builds on the legacy of Celestron's Schmidt cameras, which allowed astrophotographers to produce images with much shorter exposure times on film in the 1970s.
Since contemporary CCD sensors are at least as large as film, the 11" RASA V2 provides a 43.3 mm optimized image circle in order to capture pinpoint stars on the largest imaging chips currently available. Even for massive sensors with up to 52 mm wide diagonals, optical performance remains superb.
Combine this large image circle with a focal length of just 620 mm and you have an instrument suitable for wide-field imaging, creating huge mosaics of the night sky, surveying, and even comet hunting.
4-element rare-earth glass optics give the 11" RASA V2 the ability to produce images that are completely false color, coma, and field curvature free. Other Astrographs similar in price, or even those that are significantly more costly, do not come close to matching the optical quality and spot size across the entire image circle that the 11" RASA V2 does. In addition, this design also keeps vignetting at a minimum.
The 11" RASA V2 utilizes the new Ultra-Stable Focus System (USFS). At the heart of this system is a precision linear ball bearing. The bearing serves to minimize focus shift (unwanted lateral motion of the primary mirror during focusing which causes shifting of the image) and mirror flop (movement of the primary mirror when the telescope is pointing to different positions in the sky). The USFS is also compatible with the optional Celestron Focus Motor (#94155-A). The integrated 12V DC MagLev fan reduces cooldown time and provides optimal airflow through the dust filtered optical tube.
Engineered as a complete astro-imaging system, every component of the RASA 11 V2 is optimized for peak performance with DSLR and astronomical CCD cameras. Down to the thickness of the glass used in the included fully multi-coated optical window or optional imaging filter, every component of the system has been taken into careful consideration to work together seamlessly. The Dovetail CGE bars on the top of the optical tube provides a connection for use of optional accessories like a guidescope.