- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik IR Blocking Filter - SC Rear Cell - IR-SCT
Astronomik SCT Rear Cell IR Blocking Filter
The Astronomik IR Blocking Filter is best suited for when sensors with low sensitivity in the UV area of the spectrum, such as with Webcams, Meade DSI and LPI, and most video systems, are in play. Place this filter ahead of your DSLR camera to completely eliminate common IR induced problems like bright halos surrounding objects as well as general image softness.
Most manufacturers would consider the Astronomik IR Blocking Filter to be a UV-IR blocker when taking its transmission data compared with data from outside sources. However, what Astronomik determines is a "UV-IR blocker" tops any UV-IR blocker on the market from any manufacturer in the world!
Enhanced for systems that have focal ratios ranging from f/0.5 to f/50, this SC Rear Cell IR Blocking Filter has a typical transmission over 99%. It can be used in place of the UV-IR Blocker for protecting your DSLR camera or Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newtonian, or Maksutov telescopes from dust; or for use with cameras that have low sensitivity at short wavelengths. It can also be used as a substitute for the MC Clear filter provided your system does not contain any refracting elements.
Astronomik SCT Rear Cell IR Blocking Filter Highlights
- Blocks all IR light while having no affect on the visible area of the spectrum
- Serves as an excellent dust protector for your camera or telescope
- Parfocal with all other available filters from Astronomik
- Offers full resistance to blemishes caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity
- The Astronomik IR Blocking Filter is diffraction limited for maintaining the quality of your telescope's optical performance
- Arrives with a supreme quality, long-lasting plastic filter case