- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter - Canon EOS R XL Full Frame Clip - SII-EOS-R-XL
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Canon EOS R XL Full Frame Clip Filter
- Expressly designed for CCD astrophotography, this EOS R XL clip formatted Astronomik 12 nm SII CCD Filter is compatible with Canon EOS R and RP full frame mirrorless camera models
- Operation using this filter does not require any housing modifications
- Offers quick and easy tool-free insertion using nothing more than your fingers, and comes with a small hook to aid in removal
- Developed with regards to the highest technical standards in order to provide the optical efficiency necessary to perform deep sky astro-imaging tasks
- Permits the light of ionized sulfur (SII) to be transmitted while obstructing close to the entire rest of the visible spectrum as well as IR
- Approximately 12 nm of FWHM bandwidth
- An excellent filter for imaging planetary nebulae as well as residue leftover from supernovae
- Comes with a storage case that is both durable and high quality
- Made in Germany, a country known for their optical excellence!
More About the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter
For performing CCD photography tasks, this SII CCD narrowband filter from Astronomik is ideal. With an FWHM (full width at half maximum) of 12 nm, the Astronomik SII CCD is optimal for common CCD cameras, allowing the use of exceptionally fast optics. The focal ratio application range stretches from 1:2.8 to 1:15. Transmission losses and chromatic aberrations only transpire with Astronomik filters when excessively bright 1:2 or more aperture ratios are used, unlike other filters. It should be acknowledged that this filter features a transmission of up to 99%. Another benefit of 12 nm filters is the high availability of guiding stars for cameras that incorporate an autoguider.
A great filter for coping with heavy light pollution, the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter boosts contrast between objects in the SII emission line and the skyglow background, and provides complete blockage of mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) as well as other sources of artificial light and skyglow simultaneously. The substrate quality of this filter is excellent, showing the same needle sharp stars you typically see using your normal telescope.
All undesired wavelengths in the visible and IR spectral bands are completely obstructed with this Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter. Parfocal with all other filters from Astronomik, the SII-42 has an ultra thin substrate, and is diffraction limited to maintain the optical efficiency of your telescope. Coatings provide total resistance to blemishes caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity. This Astronomik filter arrives in a durable plastic storage case of superior quality.
Astronomik EOS R/RP Clip Filter System
Designed for mirrorless full frame Canon EOS R and RP cameras for use in both metropolitan and suburban viewing areas, Astronomik EOS R XL clip filters offer quick and easy no-tool installation, and come with a small hook to help with filter removal. This filter does not require any housing modifications to enable use.
Mounting your Astronomik EOS R XL clip filter can be accomplished using only your fingers. Simply slide into place until flush, reinstall the camera lens, and you are set. The included filter removal tool is only needed in the beginning to get it out far enough to grasp. Once this happens, you can use your fingers to completely withdraw the filter and put it back in its storage case.