- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY183C Color Cooled CMOS Astrophotography Camera - QHY183C
QHY183C - Color Cooled CMOS Astrophotography Camera
The QHY183C camera uses the back-illuminated Exmor R Sony IMX183 20MP sensor for higher sensitivity and quantum efficiency than traditional front-illuminated designs. This color sensor has an active array of 5544 x 3694 pixels that are 2.4um in size, with readout noise as low as one (1) electron! This CMOS astrophotography camera is capable of 4K HD (25 FPS) video output and full resolution real time output at 15 frames per second.
The QHY183C camera has a two-stage TEC cooling and temperature regulation system that can cool your camera down to as low as -40C below ambient. QHY has also incorporated anti-dew technology into the QHY183. The CMOS chamber is fully sealed, and includes a silicon gel tube socket as well as a heater to help keep both your sensor and the sensor window dry and fog-free, even on humid nights.
A built-in 128MB DDRII image buffer provides a safeguard in this CMOS astrophotography camera against unexpected drops in data transmission. A frame buffer avoids lost frames during USB transfer by storing image data in the camera itself until it can be safely transmitted. Buffering will also make sure your video runs more smoothly when using a slower computer that cannot always handle high speed data well.
All semiconductors produce a small amount of light when powered up, causing brighter spots in the corners of the sensor where the high gain amplifiers are housed. Amplifier glow is most noticeable during long exposures taken with CMOS astrophotography cameras. The QHY183C camera has an anti-amp light control circuit to reduce amplifier glow significantly.
QHY183C Camera Specifications
- CMOS Sensor: Sony IMX183 Back Illuminated Sensor
- Color or Monochrome: Color
- Effective Pixels: 5544 x 3694
- Pixel Size: 2.4um x 2.4um
- Effective Area: 13.3mm x 8.9mm
- Shutter: Electric Rolling Shutter
- Full Well Capacity: 15,000 - 16000e
- Readout Noise: 2.7e@low gain, 1e@high gain
- Frame Rate:
- 15 FPS @ 20 MP (full resolution)
- 25 FPS @ 4K HD Video
- 25 FPS @ 12 MP
- ROI Support: Yes. Any Area ROI
- Exposure Time: 50us-3600sec
- AD Sample Depth: 10bit/12bit (8bit/16bit output, MSB Alignment)
- On Camera Image Buffer: Yes, 128MB DDRII Buffer
- Cooling: 2-stage TEC, Typical -40 below Ambient, Temperature Regulated
- Power: USB Powered for camera and +12V powered for TEC
- Anti Dew Control: Air Connector for removable silicon gel tube. Heat board for optic window of sealed CCD chamber
- Computer Interface: USB3.0 Super Speed
- Telescope Interface: M42/0.75 & 2inch adapter. Optional C-mount adapter
- Color Wheel Port: 4PIN QHYCFW2 socket
- Guide Port: 6PIN RJ11 Guide Port
- Optic Window: IR+AR
- Weight: 450g/15.87 ounces
- Electric Interface: 12V input with lock, USB3.0 socket, 4PIN QHYCFW, 6PIN RJ11