- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI120MC-S Color Super Speed Camera - ASI120MC-S
Get a FREE ZWO Key Chain with Purchase!
ZWO ASI120MC-S Super Speed Color CMOS Camera
What We Love About the ZWO ASI120-S USB 3.0 Camera
- It’s fast! The ZWO ASI120MC-S color imaging camera has a USB 3.0 interface, for download speeds of 72fps at full resolution, that’s twice as fast as USB 2.0!
- The ASI120-S can image deep sky objects as well as the Sun, the Moon & the planets. At this price point, that’s amazing.
- The 1.2 megapixel CMOS sensor sports 3.75um pixels in a 1280 x 960 array.
- Want to do some super wide angle night sky shots? The ZWO ASI120-S comes with a 150º lens. Thread it on and you have an All-Sky Camera.
- Easily attach an autoguider via the built-in ST4 port.
- It’s not plastic! The ZWO ASI120-S body is crafted of CNC machined aluminum. It looks great and will hold up to heavy use.
- Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
The ZWO ASI120-S Super Speed Color CMOS Camera is an incredibly flexible device; perfect for astro-photographers that want a superior all-in-one camera that doesn’t break the bank. This high speed model is based on the very popular ASI120MC camera, but it has been updated to a very fast USB 3.0 interface, which increases the download speed to double that of USB 2.0…quite an improvement! Here is a list of frames per second (fps) rates at various resolutions when connected to USB 3.0:
- 72fps @ 1280 x 960
- 90 fps @ 1024 x 768
- 141 fps @ 640 x 480
- 212 fps @ 480 x 320
- 256 fps @ 320 x 240
The ZWO ASI120-S is so flexible! It can be used to produce great one-shot color images of the Moon, the Sun (with proper filtration) & the planets as well as deep-sky objects such as galaxies, star clusters and nebulae. The engine behind this camera is the CMOS AR0130CS 1/3" Sensor, which offers a top end resolution of 1280 x 960 pixels or 1.2 megapixels. Long exposure times are supported up to 1,000 seconds, or 16.66 minutes. As we mentioned earlier, another impressive feature of the ZWO ASI120-S is its ability to deliver up to 256 frames per second (FPS) at reduced resolution settings and a substantial 72 FPS at full resolution. This wide range of capture resolution settings allows amateur astronomers to conduct planetary and deep sky imaging without having to switch cameras.
Have you seen all the wide-field images taken lately with an All-Sky Camera? These beautiful pictures show the entire Milky Way in all its glory, or capture images of meteor showers, with particles streaking from the radiant in all directions. With the ZWO ASI120-S, there is no need to buy a separate all-sky camera! A 150º lens comes standard with the ASI120MC-S, and all you have to do is thread the lens onto the camera body (shown in one of the pictures to your left) and, viola! You have an All Sky Camera!
Besides the 150º lens, there are other accessories included with the ZWO ASI120-S that make it ready to go, right out of the box. A CD is included that contains the ZWO User Manual, Windows Camera Driver, ASCOM Driver, SharpCap Image Capturing Software, FireCapture Image Capturing Software and Stakkert 2 Stacking Software. You will also receive a protective window, a USB 3.0 cable, a ST4 guider cable, a M42 & 1.25” Nosepiece, and a 1.25” cover
ZWO ASI120MC Specifications
- Sensor: 1/3” CMOS AR0130CS
- Color or Monochrome: Color
- Pixel Array: 1280 x 960
- Pixel Size: 3.75um
- Peak QE: 75%
- Exposure Range: 64 microseconds to 1000 seconds
- ROI: Supported
- Interface: USB 3.0
- Bit Rate: 12bit output (12 bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2”/1.25: (M42x0.75)
- Dimensions: 62 mm Diameter x 28 mm
- Weight: 3.5 ounces
- Working Temperature: -5ºC to 45ºC
- Storage Temperature: -20ºC to 60ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%