- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader Blue 470 nm Bandpass Filter - 2" - FCFB-2
Baader Blue 470nm Bandpass Filter - 2”
This high-quality 2" filter from Baader is comparable to the Wratten #80A Filter in color. It is a bandpass filter with high transmission at 470nm.
More About Baader Color Filters
- Baader Color Filters offer maximum brightness. No reflections, ghosting or stray light.
- Each filter is fine-optically, plane parallel polished to within 30 seconds of arc!
- Professionally coated with 7 layers of MC coatings that result in an image free of false reflections.
- The high quality glass in Baader color filters is only 2 mm thick for easy insertion anywhere in the optical path.
- Stackable filter cells have both male and female threads, allowing you combine filters to suit your needs.
Baader - Not just another colored filter. Baader Premium Colored Filters bring a new level of quality and performance to planetary contrast enhancement.
Freedom from ghost images, even when stacked. Striae-free substrates are polished parallel to 30 seconds of arc to avoid wedge errors. Finest 7-layer hard multi-coatings on both faces feature 0.25% residual reflections (Baader filters are unique, no other colored filter incorporates anti-reflection multi-coatings). The coatings are also different for each of the filters, in order to match the coating performance to the filter curve of each color. This maximizes the transmission and minimizes reflections.
Extremely High Transmissions result in maximum contrast and isolation of planetary details, even with smaller telescopes. Efficiencies of the three long-pass filters (Red, Orange, and Yellow) peaks at 98%, and efficiencies of the three band-pass filters (Green, Blue, Dark Blue) achieve 70%.
Carefully designed spectral characteristics. Filters may be stacked without image degradation or ghosting in order to provide even narrower passbands. Or, combine with any of the other Baader filters for interesting possibilities.
No reduction in sharpness, even at high magnifications or when using the filter far ahead of the focal plane (ie, digital imaging, or in front of a diagonal or binoviewer).