- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Explore Scientific 3" Field Flattener & .7X Focal Reducer - FFFR507X-00
Explore Scientific 3” Flattener & 0.7X Reducer
for 127 mm & 152 mm Triplet Refractors
When you attach the Explore FFFR507X-00 to your Explore 127 or 152 refractor telescope, it will improve the flatness of the field & reduce the telescope's effective focal ratio by .7X. A flat field translates to sharper, more pinpoint stars out to the furthest reaches of the field of view, and reducing the focal length creates a wider field of view and, when imaging, allows for shorter exposure times. The back focus is 55 mm as measured from the rear flange.
The Explore Scientific 3” Field Flattener & .7X Focal Reducer is fully multi-coated for a high level of clarity and brightness, and comes with a M42x0.75 adapter to help you attach your DSLR or CCD camera. If attaching a DSLR, please note that you will still need a T-ring for your camera brand. The extra photo at left shows all of the components…the focal reducer/field flattener body, a 3” nosepiece, and the M42 adapter.
Explore 3” Focal Reducer/Field Flattener Specs
- Diameter: 78.3 mm
- Weight: 1.4 lb.
- Height: 90.1 mm
- Back Focus: 55 mm from rear flange
- Thickness of M42 Adapter: 6.25 mm
Please Note: Explore designed this focal reducer and flattener for their f/8 refractors but testing has proven that it performs nicely with their f/7.5 refractors as well.Warranty Information:
Limited Warranty is one year, which converts to the Explore STAR Transferable Extended Life of the Product Warranty when product is registered on explorescientific.com within 60 days of purchase.