- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion StarShoot Auto Guider - 52064
- Finally, an easy-to-use, affordable autoguider for long-exposure astrophotography
- Uses a 1/2" format 1.3MP CMOS chip, with 5.2 x 5.2 micron pixels for highly accurate guiding
- Compact housing measures just 2.5" x 2.35" and weighs a mere 4.4 oz.
- Included software offers automatic calibration and guiding with a single mouse click
- Powered via your computer's high-speed USB 2.0 connection; no other power source needed
- ST4 compatible autoguider output jack on camera body
- Compatible with Windows XP and Vista Operating Systems
Autoguiding has revolutionized the capture of deep-sky images by mechanizing the tedious and tiring method of "manually" guiding an exposure, which involved staring endlessly into an illuminated reticle telescope eyepiece while tweaking your mount's electronic drive controls by hand to keep the stars pinpoint sharp. Until now, the problem has always been the lack of a simple, affordable autoguider camera to do the job. Problem solved. The Orion StarShoot AutoGuider provides a user-friendly, dedicated autoguiding system for long-exposure astrophotography. It's compatible with virtually any mount equipped with an autoguider port and comes with the software and cables needed to work right out of the box!
The AutoGuider's sensor is a high-resolution, 1/2" format 1.3-megapixel CMOS monochrome chip, with 5.2 x 5.2 pixels for highly accurate guiding. That high accuracy due to the small pixel size means you can use the AutoGuider with smaller, less expensive guide scopes than is possible with other guide cameras (such as the now-discontinued ST-4). The chip resides in a super-compact, anodized aluminum housing that measures just 2.5" wide by 2.35" long and weighs a mere 4.4 oz. It has a 1.25" nosepiece that can be removed to access a T-thread interface. And the AutoGuider's short inward focus requirement of only 15mm from a typical 1.25" Plossl telescope eyepiece makes it compatible with virtually any telescope.
The AutoGuider's incredible ease of use will appeal to beginning and experienced astrophotographers alike. The included software requires no previous knowledge of autoguiding. It offers automatic calibration and guiding with literally a single mouse click. The camera is powered via your computer's high-speed USB 2.0 connection with the included 10' USB cable; no other power source is needed. A 6' RJ-12 cable is also included to connect the AutoGuider to the mount without the need for an additional RS-232 adapter. With the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider, precision autoguiding for deep-sky photography is now easier and more economical than ever. Buy one today for your imaging setup! One-year limited warranty. Requires PC running Windows XP or Vista 32/64-bit.
- Imaging sensor - Micron MT9M001
- Imaging sensor size - 6.66mm x 5.32mm
- Pixel array - 1280 x 1024 (1,310,720 total)
- Pixel size - 5.2 x 5.2
- Imaging chip - Monochrome
- Video frame rate - 15 frames/second at full resolution
- Autoguider capability - Yes
- Exposure range - 0.05 second to 10 second
- A/D conversion - 8 bit
- Thermoelectric cooling - No
- IR filter - No
- Mounting - 1.25in. nozzle or t-thread
- USB connection - High-speed 2.0
- Software compatibility - Windows XP/Vista
- Weight (oz.) - 4.40
- Warranty - One year