- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Zhumell Z8 Deluxe Dobsonian Reflector Telescope
Zhumell Z8 Deluxe Dobsonian Reflector
Quality Optics in an 8" Aperture
This Zhumell Z Series Dobsonian telescope boasts an 8" parabolic primary mirror, gathering significant light to generate bright, high resolution images without visual imperfections. The Zhumell Z8 Dobsonian comes with a 30 mm 2" eyepiece offering low 40x magnification, as well as a 9 mm 1.25" eyepiece offering high 133x magnification. Both of these Plossl eyepieces contain fully multi-coated optics. The true value of the Zhumell Z Series can be found in its optical system.
Great Mechanics and Construction
The remainder of the Zhumell Z8 design, excluding the optics, has been simplified and streamlined. Sturdy, long-lasting construction will protect your Dobsonian reflector from years of attrition caused by use at public star parties, camping trips, and more.
Operating this 8" Dobsonian is an easy, straightforward process. The Zhumell Z8 features a primary mirror cooling fan that quickly establishes thermal equilibrium to allow long viewing sessions without having to wait. As soon as setup is complete, push the scope on its ball bearings toward the object you wish to view. When you have your target centered in the included 8x50 finderscope and eyepiece of your choosing, use the dual-speed Crayford focuser to enable exceptionally fine focus. Next, use the improved manual clutches to lock your view in place. When your target starts to drift across the sky, the Zhumell Z8's new adjustable azimuth bearing system permits smooth, even, object tracking motion.
Features and Accessories
- The 2" Crayford focuser allows for the use of both 2" and 1.25" eyepieces. This greatly expands the number of compatible eyepieces available. Included with the Z8 is a 30 mm 2" Plossl eyepiece and a 9 mm 1.25" Plossl eyepiece, with many more available separately.
- The included cooling fan for the primary mirror allows for faster thermal equilibrium. When large telescopes such as the Zhumell Z8 are moved from storage into the field, the temperature differences between the outside and inside of the tube can affect image quality until a balance is achieved. With the help of the included primary mirror fan, this balance can be achieved in a much shorter time, allowing for longer viewing sessions.
- The included moon filter reduces the brightness that a closeup look at the moon brings, allowing for increased definition of the craters, mountains, and "oceans" of the surface.
- The included 8x50 finder scope will help you to locate the object in the sky you wish to observe. The 8x magnification coupled with a 50 mm aperture provides a great balance between magnification and field of view, allowing for quicker and easier location of the intended target.
- Telescope Type: Dobsonian reflector
- Aperture: 8" (203 mm)
- Focal Length: 1200 mm
- Focal Ratio: 5.9
- Magnification with included eyepieces: 40x (30 mm); 133x (9 mm)
- Limiting Magnitude: 14.04
- Lowest useful magnification: 29x
- Highest potential magnification: 400x
- Eyepiece format: 1.25"/2"
- Finderscope: 8x50
- Optical tube weight: 38 lbs.
- Assembled weight: 54 lbs.