Celestron StarSense AutoAlign Telescope Accessory
Become an instant astronomer, even if you’ve never used a telescope before, with the one-of-a-kind StarSense AutoAlign. Just set up the accessory, push the Align button on the hand control, and StarSense begins capturing and comparing images of the night sky against its internal database. In about three minutes, it's gathered enough information to triangulate its position and align itself. Then, press the Sky Tour button: StarSense will automatically slew to all the best stars, planets, galaxies, and more currently visible in the night sky.
Celestron StarSense AutoAlign Telescope Accessory Features:
- Celestron StarSense automatically aligns your telescope in minutes
- Sit back and let StarSense do all the work for you
- Minimal user input is required
- The Celestron StarSense AutoAlign automatically determines the identity of some celestial objects on the Celestial Sphere by using a built-in camera and sophisticated software
- StarSense AutoAlign determines where your telescope is pointed on the Celestial Sphere
- Offers amazing guided tours of the night sky
Even the most advanced telescope users will love using StarSense AutoAlign. This affordable accessory replaces the expensive software usually used for advanced mount modeling. With built-in mount modeling, you'll get superior pointing accuracy from horizon to horizon.
How it Works: A small digital camera takes the place of your finderscope and attaches using one of two provided mounting brackets. The included StarSense hand control, with a database of over 40,000 celestial objects, takes the place of your NexStar hand control. The camera automatically captures a series of images of the sky. StarSense identifies the stars in the images, matching them to its database. Once a positive match is confirmed, StarSense calculates the coordinates of the center of the captured image, thereby determining exactly where the telescope is pointed. Before StarSense, using a computerized telescope required a lengthy alignment process of finding and centering at least two bright stars in the telescope’s eyepiece. But StarSense automatically aligns itself with minimal user input. Just enter your time, date, and location, and let StarSense do the rest!
Celestron StarSense AutoAlign Specifications:
Compatible With The Following Celestron Telescopes:
- Database of Objects: More than 40,000 objects
- Comm. Ports: RS-232 communication port on Hand Control, Aux interface and USB on camera
- Computer Hand Control: Four-line, 16-character backlit Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- Weight: Camera body only weighs 17 oz
- NexStar SE Series
- CPC and CPC DX
- NexStar GT (with Aux. Port Splitter)
- NexStar SLT (w/ Aux Port Splitter)
- Advanced VX
- CGEM and CGEM DX
- CGE and CGE Pro
- LCM (w/ Aux Port Splitter)
- CG-5 (w/ Aux Port Splitter)
Worth the money Review by Bud
Had mine since they came out. First one didn't work, second one works like a champ. Original directions were pretty bad but with the help of Celestrons technical crew we got through it. Nice to know if you have a problem with any of their products they are there to assist and they don't give up on the problem. Can't say enough nice things about tech support from Celestron.
(Posted on 2/28/14)
Star Sense Review by Robert
Well worth the money and I highly recommend it. Works great on my Celestron CGEM DX 1100 HD . Real easy to install and calibrate. I used the Tel Vue lenses Ethos 17MM, Panoptic 41 and 11mm plossle.
(Posted on 2/10/14)