Meade 8" LX80 Telescope
The 8" LX 80 is a great telescope for a beginner looking to take that next step in the hobby. With the LX80 you get classic Meade Schmidt Cassegrain Optics and the flexible LX80 Multi Mount. Having built a reputation on optical quality the Meade 8" SCT Optical Tube does not disappoint. Meade uses Water White glass which allows for maximum light transmission. Meade has added UHTC Coatings to each SCT because they provide a 15% increase in light transmission, when compared to standard coatings. Each primary mirror on Meade Schmidt Cassegrain Telescopes is over sized for superior light collection, thereby making your view of the night sky the best and brightest it can be.
The Meade LX80 Mount is an innovative and value packed multi-mount with features of mounts two times its price.
Meade LX80 Multi Mount & Tripod with Meade AudioStar:
- With multiple operating modes the Meade LX80 Mount can operate as a German Equatorial Mount, a Single Alt-Az Mount or a Dual Alt-Az Mount
- The weight capacity of the Meade LX80 Mount in German Equatorial mode is 40 lb
- Alt-Az mode weight capacity is 40 lb single, and 75 lb dual
- The Meade LX80 Multi Mount has a sturdy aluminum build with two large tapered roller bearings
- Switching mount modes on the LX80 mount is easy
- The LX80 has precision worm gears with provide for smooth and accurate tracking
- Meade's Smart Drive technology provides periodic error correction that reduces a majority of tracking errors
- The computerized tracking system of the Meade LX80 is powered by AudioStar, which offers "Astronomer Inside" audio descriptions of the objects the user is viewing
- The Meade LX80 Multi Mount comes equipped with large 2" diameter stainless steel legs. Each leg on the LX80 tripod comes with a built in fine tune leg system at the top of each leg. This system allows for small, fine tune adjustments from the top of the tripod