- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm EOS Clip Filter - HA12-EOS
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm EOS Clip Filter
- The Astronomik H-Alpha EOS Clip Filter is a photographic filter in an EOS Clip frame format
- Made to the highest technical standards to provide the best optical performance for deep sky imaging with your Canon EOS camera
- Allows H-Alpha emission nebulae to pass while blocking almost the complete remainder of the visual spectrum as well as IR
- The Astronomik H-Alpha EOS Clip Filter has a FWHM of about 12 nm
- Ideal for planetary nebulae and supernova remnants, and it blocks all unwanted light pollution
- Made in Germany, a country renowned for producing superior quality optics!
More About the Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm EOS Clip Filter
The Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm EOS Clip Filter is the perfect narrowband filter for deep sky astrophotography with Canon EOS cameras. A full width at half maximum (FWHM) of 12 nm is optimal for Canon cameras, permitting the use of extremely fast optics. The f/number application range extends from 1:2.8 to 1:15. Transmission losses and chromatic distortions, which can be a problem with other filters, only crop up when super bright aperture ratios of 1:2 and more are involved. Other advantages of this filter include an up to 99% transmission and good guide star availability for cameras with a built-in autoguider.
The contrast between objects with H-Alpha emission lines and the airglow background is increased by the Astronomik H-Alpha EOS Clip Filter. This filter completely suppresses artificial emission lines such as those from mercury and sodium-vapor, as well as airglow, making it a great filter for opposing light pollution! Due to the high optical quality of the H-Alpha EOS Clip Filter's substrate, you will see the same razor sharp stars you would see from your regular telescope.
Delivered in a high-quality, long-lasting plastic storage container, the Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm EOS Clip Filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It completely blocks all unwanted wavelengths in the visible and IR bands of the spectrum. This filter has a very thin substrate and is diffraction limited for maintaining the quality of fine images from your telescope. In addition, it offers very high resistance to impurities caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity.
Astronomik EOS Clip Filter System
Astronomik's patented Clip Filter has been assembled from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on the most advanced modern machines. Within seconds, it can be placed straight into the EOS camera body. No changes required and all lens functions (focus, screen, image stabilization) remain operational! Nearly all Canon system lenses (save for the EF-S series) and all M42 and T2 lens adapters, work with the Astronomik Clip-Filter. This system also serves as an excellent dust protector, preventing it from gathering on the sensor during long exposures.
- 97+% transmission for the H-Alpha line
- Blocks nearly the whole remainder of the visual spectrum
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths in the infrared
Please note this filter must NEVER be used for solar observing or imaging. Doing so will cause permanent damage to your eyes.