- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Pass Filter - 2" Round Mounted - P642-2
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR-Pass Filter - 2"
The latest contribution to the Astronomik ProPlanet IR-pass filter family, the ProPlanet 642 BP enables a wide range of daytime IR photography applications, as well as high resolution lunar and planetary imaging, and, when used for astrophotography, stunning deep sky image captures of H-Alpha region objects.
This filter offers a 200 nm spectral window between 642 nm and 842 nm. Contrary to the other two ProPlanet filters carried by Astronomik, the longer infrared is blocked by the P642. Together with ProPlanet 742 and 807 filters, Astronomik is now giving users three options for their IR-imaging needs. For best imaging, the ProPlanet 642 will often be the optimal selection.
- Images feature high contrast and superior color presentation
- Transparent "wood effect" images
- No longer IR hot spot
- Short exposure times analogous to normal VIS-imaging
- Optimally equipped for infrared videos
High Resolution Lunar & Planetary Imaging:
- Short exposure times
- Effective reduction in seeing
- Enhanced contrast
- Longer IR obstruction removes ghosting and allows peak sharpness
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Excellent 656 nm H-Alpha line transmission
- FWHM of approximately 40 nm with DSLR cameras that have been astro-modified
- Amazing contrast even under the light of the Moon or in heavy light pollution
- Filter is priced sensibly for H-Alpha imaging amateurs
- Camera display plus LiveView enables easy focusing
- 96%+ transmission for 642 nm to 842 nm wavelengths
- Obstructs wavelengths from 350 nm to 630 nm
- Parfocal with any other filter carried by Astronomik
- 1 mm glass thickness
- Coatings provide total protection from the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and thus will not lessen your telescope's optical performance
- Astronomik filters come with a durable, high quality plastic filter case
Image shows the Astronomik 2" ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter. This item number is for the 2" ProPlanet 642 IR-Pass Filter.