Dobsonian Light Shrouds
- Known to Fit: Meade 8" LightBridge Telescopes
- Known to Fit: Meade 10" LightBridge Telescopes
- Known to Fit: Meade 12" LightBridge Telescopes
- Known to Fit: Meade 16" LightBridge Telescopes
- Known to Fit: Sky-Watcher 8" Flex Tube Dobsonians
- Known to Fit: Sky-Watcher 10" Flex Tube Dobsonians
- Known to Fit: Sky-Watcher 12" Flex Tube Dobsonians
- Known to Fit: Sky-Watcher 14" Flex Tube Dobsonians
- Known to Fit: 16" Flex-Tube Dobsonian Telescopes
- Known to Fit: 10" Truss-Tube RC Telescopes, 10" Truss Newtonian Telescopes
- Known to Fit: 12" Truss-Tube RC Telescopes
- Known to Fit: 14" Truss-Tube RC Telescopes
- Known to Fit: 16" Truss-Tube RC Telescopes
Truss tube Dobsonians leave a large area of space open to the air. This space is between the primary and secondary mirrors, allowing dewing on the optics and stray light to enter the telescope body. While having the large open space alleviates some of the weight of the telescope, the conditions to which the telescope is now exposed may degrade image quality and cause viewers to call it a night earlier than originally planned.
Every Astrozap light shroud is proudly made in the USA and utilizes material made of a nylon and cotton blend, which helps the shroud from sagging into the light path of the telescope, even in moderate to heavy dewing conditions. This light shroud is tailor-made to slide easily into place over the telescope's trusses, while the top and bottom drawstrings secure the shroud in place. Like other Astrozap products such as the flexible dew shield, this light shroud also works as a passive dew fighting accessory.
These light shrouds are a must-have accessory to use in the field to cover up those trusses and get the best image possible!
For example, check out the Astrozap Light Shroud for 12" Meade LightBridge Telescopes. This popular shroud features two ABS bands to prevent the shroud from blocking the light path, and upper and lower drawstrings.
AstroZap also produces shrouds to fit truss-tube telescopes up to 16” in aperture by other manufacturers. The AstroZap Light Shroud for 16" Truss-Tube RC Telescopes is made from a black fabric that’s designed to maintain its shape while blocking stray light and helping to prevent dew from forming.
Want to know more about how to prevent dew from forming on your equipment? Learn How to Combat Telescope Dew With a Dew Shield & Dew Heater for worry-free observing sessions that won’t be cut short by moisture!