- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Explore Scientific 40 mm - 68° Argon-Purged Waterproof 2" Eyepiece - EPWP6840-01
Explore Scientific 40 mm - 68° Argon-Purged Waterproof 2" Eyepiece
Using advanced computer design, combinations of low dispersion and high refractive index optical glasses, and durable EMD coatings, Explore Scientific 68° Argon-Purged Waterproof wide field eyepieces are optimized to produce high contrast, high resolution, and superior flat field characteristics. The visual effect of these eyepieces, with their long eye-relief and their 68° apparent field, is truly a full-immersion experience. The Explore Scientific 40 mm 68° 2" Eyepiece come with a removable and foldable soft silicone rubber eyecup for the comfort of the observer, and as experienced astronomers know, eye comfort is critical when trying to observe at the visual limits of the telescope.
By making this Explore Scientific eyepiece body Argon-purged, the waterproof eyepiece internal elements will remain as pristine as the day they were assembled. Argon atoms are “ larger” than that of Nitrogen and therefore they are less likely to “leak” or diffuse their way through the seals over the life of the eyepiece. The atomic radius of Argon is larger than Nitrogen by 0.13 angstroms and has a larger atomic volume by 11.2 cubic centimeters/molecule. Argon also has superior inertness vs Nitrogen (i.e. forming few or no chemical compounds with other elements) that prevents adverse reactions with eyepiece components and therefore extends the longevity of the internal components, and also prevents chemical reactions with other elemental contaminants that may be introduced through a weakened seal. And, finally because Argon is less conductive of heat than Nitrogen, Argon cools slower thereby buffering the effects of rapid temperature changes of the optics. The sealed, dry environment is impervious to internal fogging and contaminants such as fungus growing in between the lens elements. Our waterproof eyepiece is easier to clean, and there is no risk of cleaning solution migrating from the top of the lens and seeping around edges to be trapped in between elements. To insure a perfect seal, Explore tests every eyepiece in one meter of water for 30 minutes.
Specifications for 40 mm 68 Degree Eyepiece
- Focal Length: 40 mm
- Field of View: 68°
- Eye Relief: 31 mm
- Field Stop Diameter: 45.5mm
- Number of Elements: 6
- Waterproof: Yes
- Barrel Size: 2"
- Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated
- Eyecups - Soft, Foldable
- Length: 114.2mm
- Weight: 35.2 ounces
The Explore Scientific USA Limited Warranty is 1 year, however, when product is registered at Explore Scientific within 60 days of purchase, it is covered under the Explore STAR Transferrable, Extended Life of the Product Warranty.