- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron StarSense Auto Telescope Alignment Accessory - 94005
Celestron StarSense AutoAlign Telescope Accessory
Become an instant astronomer, even if you’ve never used a telescope before, with the one-of-a-kind StarSense AutoAlign. Just set up the accessory, push the Align button on the hand control, and StarSense begins capturing and comparing images of the night sky against its internal database. In about three minutes, it's gathered enough information to triangulate its position and align itself. Then, press the Sky Tour button: StarSense will automatically slew to all the best stars, planets, galaxies, and more currently visible in the night sky.
Celestron StarSense AutoAlign Telescope Accessory Features:
- Celestron StarSense automatically aligns your telescope in minutes
- Sit back and let StarSense do all the work for you
- Minimal user input is required
- The Celestron StarSense AutoAlign automatically determines the identity of some celestial objects on the Celestial Sphere by using a built-in camera and sophisticated software
- StarSense AutoAlign determines where your telescope is pointed on the Celestial Sphere
- Offers amazing guided tours of the night sky
Even the most advanced telescope users will love using StarSense AutoAlign. This affordable accessory replaces the expensive software usually used for advanced mount modeling. With built-in mount modeling, you'll get superior pointing accuracy from horizon to horizon.
How it Works: A small digital camera takes the place of your finderscope and attaches using one of two provided mounting brackets. The included StarSense hand control, with a database of over 40,000 celestial objects, takes the place of your NexStar hand control. The camera automatically captures a series of images of the sky. StarSense identifies the stars in the images, matching them to its database. Once a positive match is confirmed, StarSense calculates the coordinates of the center of the captured image, thereby determining exactly where the telescope is pointed. Before StarSense, using a computerized telescope required a lengthy alignment process of finding and centering at least two bright stars in the telescope’s eyepiece. But StarSense automatically aligns itself with minimal user input. Just enter your time, date, and location, and let StarSense do the rest!
Celestron StarSense AutoAlign Specifications:
- Database of Objects: More than 40,000 objects
- Comm. Ports: USB-mini communication port on Hand Control, Aux interface and USB on camera
- Computer Hand Control: Four-line, 16-character backlit Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- Weight: Camera body only weighs 17 oz
Directly Compatible With the Following Celestron Telescopes:
- Celestron NexStar SE Series
- CPC and CPC DX
- Advanced VX
- CGEM, CGEM DX, CGEM II
- CGX and CGX-L
- CGE and CGE Pro
Compatible With the Following Celestron Telescopes When Used with Aux Port Splitter (93919):
- NexStar GT
- NexStar SLT
- Advanced GT
Sorry, the StarSense is Not Compatible with These Celestron Telescopes: NexStar i, NexStar GPS, Ultima 2000, and Compustar and other early GoTo mounts.