- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Pegasus Astro External Motor Controller - PEG-XMOTORCTRL
Pegasus Astro External Motor Controller
Bolster the focus capacity of the "Ultimate Powerbox v2" (supports a 2nd focus controller) while contributing additional functionality to the "Pocket Powerbox Advance" by using this Pegasus Astro XMC External Motor Controller. Attaches directly to the Powerbox EXT port. No USB cable is necessary to begin high precision operation of a large bipolar or unipolar stepper motor.
For extra precision and smooth rotation from the stepper motor, the External Motor Controller supports micro-stepping. This can be set up to full, half, 1/4 step, or 1/8 step using software.
The following stepper motors have been successfully tested and controlled by Pegasus Astro:
- Pegasus Motor Focus
- Starlight HSM 25/30/35
- Starlight MSM 25/30/35
- Starizona Micro-Touch
- Starlight PDMS (Posi Drive Motor System)
- Rigel nStep Motors
- Moonlite Stepper Motor
- Robofocus Stepper Motor
- Lakeside Stepper Motor
Please note that each motor requires its own cable due to the different pin-out selection of each manufacturer.
No USB Port Required
The Pegasus External Motor Controller does not require USB connectivity and thus does not need to take up a USB port. Simply plug the RJ12 port into the UPBv2 or PPBA's EXT port and the powerbox software will recognize the controller.
Second EXT Port Available
A second EXT port allows you to daisy chain future equipment or connect your environmental sensor.
Pegasus Astro External Motor Controller Specifications
- Supply Voltage: 12V DC preferred. Accepts 8.2V to 24V depending on the motor
- Drive Current: 1.6 amps per motor coil
- Motor Compatibility: Unipolar and bipolar stepper motors
- Motor Output: RJ45 socket
- Connectivity: RJ12 socket (straight RJ12 to RJ12 cable) up to meters
- Power Input Connector: 2.1 mm centre positive socket
- Dimensions: 66 mm (2.6") x 66 mm (2.6") x 28 mm (1.1")