- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY QHY268 Photographic CMOS Color Camera - QHY268PH-C
QHY QHY268 Photographic CMOS Color Camera
QHY's 268 Photographic color camera utilizes the Sony IMX571 back-illuminated sensor with native 16-bit A/D with 65536 levels and 3.76 pixels. Included with the camera is an electronic shutter that has increased reliability and stability when compared to taking a large amount of images with a mechanical shutter. The CMOS structure of the camera coupled with the back-illuminated sensor means that this camera has an improved full well capacity. Even if the camera is unbinned, the 3.76 pixels have a full well capacity of 51ke-. Not only does this camera already have an impressive 51ke- full well capacity, but QHY has implemented a way to acheive a higher full well capacity with user controlled read modes. There is extended full well readout mode, meaning the QHY600 can achieve a greater full well of approximately 75ke-. This gives a better dynamic range and large variations in magnitude of brightness are less likely to saturate. There are three readout modes, each with their own characteristics.
At on 0.7 electrons of read noise at the highest gain and 6.8 FPS at full resolution readout speed, this QHY camera can acheive an SNR > 3 at only four to six photons. This is great for short exposures, narrow band imaging, and other scenarios that are photon limited. QHY has added an innovative suppression technology that can reduce the level of random noise such as the the type of thermal noise that is generated by back-illuminated CMOS sensors and has a value not related to the exposure time.
QHY 268 color camera is a high resolution, APS-C format camera and is a great match for the Starizona HyperStar systems (not inclued). It uses a USB3.0 interface that lets you transfer data at 6 frames per second. It also is equipped with a 2-stage TEC cooling system, which helps lower the dark current to only 0.0005e/pixel/sec @ -20C.
QHY's incorporated USB re-connection feature means that this camera's computer connection can be connected and disconnected by turning the 12V power supply on and off. This means you do not have to worry about plugging and unplugging the USB cable, enhancing user control when working from a remote station. All you have to do is control the 12V power supply to control the remote USB connection.
The high pixel count of this CMOS camera means that the memory requirements for temporary and permanent storage is greater. The QHY268 sensor produces about 120MB of data per frame. Additionally, the data band-width is increases from 16-bits to 32-bits. To sufficiently meet the memory needs, the QHY268 comes with large-capacity memory of up to 2GB.
QHY268 Photographic Camera Specifications
- Sensor: Sony APC-C CMOS IMX571
- Sensor Type: Back Illuminated (BSI)
- Pixel Size: 3.76um
- Color or Monochrome: Color
- Sensor Surface Glass: Multi Layer AR coating
- Effective Pixels: 26 MP
- Effective Image Area: 6280 x 4210
- Full Well Capacity: 51ke- (more than 80ke- in extended full well mode)
- A/D: Native 16-bit
- Sensor Size: APS-C format
- Full Frame Rate: Full Resolution - 6.8FPS @8BIT & 6FPS @16BIT, 2048lines - 13.6FPS @8BIT & 11.5FPS @16BIT, 1080lines - 25.4FPS @8BIT & 19.5FPS @16BIT, 768lines - 35FPS @8BIT & 25FPS @16BIT, 480lines - 50FPS @8BIT & 34FPS@16BIT
- Read Noise: 0.7e- High Gain, 3.5e- Low Gain (2.7e- to 5.5e- in extended full well mode)
- Dark Current: 0.0005e/pixel/sec @ -20C & 0.001e/pixel/sec @ -10C
- Exposure Time Range: 30 us - 3600 seconds
- Memory: 64MByte Flash Memory
- Shutter Type: Electronic
- Computer Interface: USB3.0
- Built-In Image Buffer: 1GByte/2GByte DDR3 Memory
- Cooling: Dual Stage TEC cooler (-35C below ambient)
- Anti-Dew Heater: Yes
- Telescope Interface: M54/0.75
- Optic Window Type: AR+AR High Quality Multi-Layer Anti-Reflection Coating
- Back Focal Length: 17.5mm (±0.3)