Sky-Watcher Esprit 80 mm ED APO Triplet Refractor - S11400
What We Like About the Sky-Watcher 80mm Esprit Refractor
- The Esprit 80 is lightweight and portable, allowing you to take this high-quality refractor with you anywhere.
- The air-spaced ED APO Triplet optics made of FPL-53 ED and Schott BK-7 glass, coupled with multi-layers of a high transmission coating, yield sharp, high contrast views with no extraneous color.
- A thread-on doublet field flattener is included in the SkyWatcher Esprit 80 Refractor package, providing a flat field from edge-to-edge.
- A good focuser is imperative when imaging, and this SkyWatcher 80mm APO refractor comes with a 2.7" Dual Speed Rack & Pinion Focuser
- A nice selection of accessories comes with this SkyWatcher 80mm APO refractor, including a 2" dielectric diagonal, a 9 x 50 erect-image finder, a Canon camera adapter, tube brings, and an aluminum case. Add a mount (the rings have a CG-5 style dovetail bar) and a few eyepieces to this SkyWatcher 80mm APO refractor, and you're good to go. Curious to hear more? Check out the comprehensive video below!
More About Sky-Watcher Esprit ED Triplet APO Refractors
Designed with the discerning astrophotographer in mind, Sky-Watcher USA’s top-of-the-line Esprit refractors deliver the kind of imaging performance one would expect from telescopes costing thousands of dollars more. With their three-element air spaced objective lens design, made of high quality Schott BK-7 and FPL-53 ED glass, false color is completely eliminated, yielding exceptional contrast and sharpness. Knife-edge baffles in the optical tube increase contrast even further, and the included 2-element field corrector guarantees a flat field across the entire imaging plane. The Sky-Watcher exclusive Helinear Track focusing system provides a smooth, rock-solid focuser with zero image shift.
The SkyWatcher Esprit 80 comes with a 9 x 50 right angle finderscope, a 2" star diagonal, a 2-element thread-on field flattener, and a camera adapter as well as a Vixen-style dovetail and padded case.
SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED APO Triplet Refractor Specifications
- Optical Design: Apochromatic Refractor
- Aperture: 80 mm (3.15")
- Focal Length: 400 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/5
- Highest Practical Power: 120X
- Coatings: Fully multi-coated
- Field Flattener: Thread-on doublet
- Focuser: 2.7" Dual Speed R&P Focuser
- Diagonal: 2" with dielectric coatings
- Finderscope: 9x50 RA erect-image
- Camera Adapter: Canon EOS
- Includes: CG5 style dovetail bar
- Dew Shield: Fixed
- Case: Aluminum foam lined
- Image Circle When Used with Included Field Flattener: 33mm
- OTA Weight: 8.8 lb.
- OTA Length: 17.375"
- Back focus: 75mm