- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Starizona HyperStar 4 Lens with Filter Slider for Celestron 8" SCT - HS4-C8-FS
Disclaimer: Starizona Hyperstars take time to manufacturer as they are a custom product. Typically, this process takes a few weeks. You may contact the High Point Scientific staff at 800-266-9590 or send an email for a more accurate lead time prior to placing the order. Otherwise, the High Point processing team will reach out once an order is placed with lead time information.
Starizona HyperStar 4 with Filter Slider
for Fastar Compatible Celestron 8" SCT
for Fastar Compatible Celestron 8" SCT
Starizona's HyperStar 4 allows you to capture images with incredible speed and an even wider field of view than previous models. The HyperStar 4 is an imaging accessory that takes the place fo your 8" Celestron SCT's secondary mirror. This transforms your OTA into a powerful f/1.9 focal length imaging telescope with up to a 4.1° field of view. This Starizona HyperStar C8 is compatible with Celestron 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes that are Fastar compatible. Cameras from Meade, Orion, Atik, SBIG, Mallincam, Starlight Xpress, etc. are perfect for the HyperStar C8. Choose your camera from the drop-down above and we will send you the proper camera adapter. If your camera is not on the list, please write it into the field provided. It is also important that you give us your secondary housing and the mount style you plan to use with the Hyperstar. In this way, we can make sure you hit the ground running!
Based on Celestron's innovative Fastar feature, HyperStar by Starizona allows the secondary mirror on Celestron's Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes to be removed. Mounting the HyperStar lens assembly in place of the secondary mirror enables you to mount a CCD camera at the front of the telescope. This provides much faster imaging and a wider field of view.
Switching between HyperStar System to the telescope's normal f/10 configuration is simple, easy and requires no tools. No re-collimation is necessary because the telescope's secondary mirror is indexed.
HyperStar 4 Specifications
- Focal Length: 390 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/1.9
- Field of View (with 28 mm sensor): 4.1 degrees
- Camera Adapter Threaded for 2" (48 mm) Filters
- Back focus : 39.8 mm
- Maximum Usable Sensor Size: 28 mm Diagonal (APS Format)
- Weight: 2.1 lb
- Length (without camera adapter): 4.5"
- Diameter: 4.3"
Starizona Filter Slider System
Starizona's Filter Slider System provides the perfect method for using multiple filters with the HyperStar. Most filter wheels are not compatible with HyperStar since they are too large and obstruct a significant portion of the telescope aperture. This new Filter Slider enables easy filter exchange without the need for detaching the camera from the HyperStar lens.This unique device is perfectly circular and has no handles or other protrusions that could conflict with the light path. Filter Slider body features a small enough diameter that it contributes no significant telescope blockage. At only 17.5" (0.69") in thickness, this Filter Slider is compatible with most CCD camera and HyperStar Lens combinations. The filter holder slides in and out of the filter slider body effortlessly, making filter exchange during imaging sessions a breeze. This holder utilizes tiny yet powerful magnets to lock in place against matching magnets in the main body. These magnets are strong enough to inhibit slipping while allowing for simple holder removal when it comes time to change filters. Tapered edges help navigate the filter holder into place for easy filter switching at night. As soon as the filter holder is fully inserted, it is securely and precisely held in place. Rounded notches on the exterior of the filter holder enable it to be gripped by your fingers for easy removal.