- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Cooled Camera - ASI1600MM-P
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Cooled Mono Imaging Camera
with Free ZWO Mini Keychain
ZWO ASI1600 Pro cameras offer excellent astro-imaging performance with low read noise, low dark current, and high dynamic range. Despite a 12-bit ADC, this camera provides 12.5 stops of dynamic range due to its ultra low read noise, an improvement over even the KAF8300.
Four screws are used to seal the ASI1600 Pro's chamber. This design has been confirmed by full testing to be extremely stable. The ASI1600 Pro does not suffer from dew problems and still operates normally even when humidity is high.
DDR Memory Buffer
For better data transfer stability without amp-glow caused by slow speed data transfer during readout using a USB2.0 port, the ASI1600 Pro includes an upgraded PCB board with one 256MB DDR3 memory buffer. This DDR memory buffer is the key difference that separates ASI "Pro" cameras from ASI "Cool" cameras.
USB 3.0 Port & USB 2.0 Hub
USB 3.0 port supplies 5 gb of bandwidth to allow the ASI1600 Pro to run at 14.7 fps in normal 12bit mode, or 19 fps in high speed 23bit mode at full resolution (11.7 MP). For a cooling power supply, ZWO recommends either a 12V at 3A-5A or more DC adapter (2.1*5.5, center positive), or a 9-15V battery.
USB 2.0 HUB links up numerous accessories like a filter wheel, guide camera, and electronic focuser, for easier cable management. The ASI1600 Pro comes with two short 0.5 m USB2.0 cables. An external supply provides the power source when connected.
This camera features a two-stage TEC cooling system for very deep cooling at -40ºC below ambient. An external AC-DC power supply (sold separately) is necessary to power the cooler.
Important Notice Regarding Power: Please be aware that this cooled ZWO camera does not come with a power supply but one is required to run your camera's cooler. You can either choose a ZWO 12V 5A ACDC Power Supply (choose the model with the proper plug for your location), or if you prefer running off of your car or portable DC battery, we recommend the Orion DC Power Cord and a Celestron PowerTank 17 or other 9V to 15V battery. Thanks.
ASIair Plus Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair Plus. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair Plus to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Cooled Mono Camera Specifications
- Sensor: 4/3" Panasonic MN34230 CMOS
- Diagonal: 22.2 mm
- Resolution: 16.4 MP
- Pixel Array: 4656 x 3520
- Pixel Size: 3.8 µm
- Maximum FPS at Full Resolution: 23 fps
- Shutter: Rolling
- Minimum Exposure: 32 microseconds
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 seconds
- Read Noise: 1.2e @30db gain
- QE Peak: 60%
- Full Well Capacity: 20ke
- ADC: 12bit
- DDRIII Buffer: 256 MB
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Adapter: 2"/1.25"/M42x0.75
- Protect Window: AR
- Diameter: 78 mm
- Weight: 14.5 oz.
- Back Focus Distance: 6.5 mm
- Cooling: Regulated two-stage TEC
- Delta T: 40-45 degrees below ambient
- Cooling Power Consumption: 12V at 2A max
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%