- Dew Strap Heater Element Length: 0.965"
- Known to Fit by Aperture: 0.965" Optics
- Known to Fit by Model: 0.965 Eyepieces and Finder Scope Eyepieces
- This adapter makes the popular Kendrick 2” Laser Collimator suitable for use with the standard SCT visual back.
- Aids in collimating Schmidt-Cassegrain as well as Schmidt-Newtonian, Maksutov-Cassegrain, Maksutov-Newtonian, Ritchey-Chretien, and other catadioptric telescope assemblies.
- May require an additional 2" to 1.25" adapter for telescopes with 1.25” focusers.
- Provides a convenient 45 degree viewing angle.
Kenrick Astro Instruments specializes in superior low-voltage dew heater and power equipment. Since they have been around for over 25 years, they know what astronomers are looking for in their dew prevention accessories. Dew normally forms around dawn when the air temperature is cool yet there is high humidity in the air. You will find a thick layer of condensed water, or dew, in the wee hours of the morning on the lens of your telescope or eyepiece. When dew collects on your telescope’s lens, it important not to wipe it or you will risk damaging the anti-reflection coatings.
So what can you do? Kendrick's new FireFly heaters are designed for the astronomer who requires a dew prevention system that is both economical in price and power. Although unable to perform up to the high standards of Kendrick's original Premier brand of heaters, astronomers and anyone else requiring heated optics for dew prevention can depend on Kendrick’s FireFly heaters to perform under all but the most demanding observing conditions.
Kendrick's unique manufacturing process ensures the FireFly heaters will direct their heat into your optics instead of losing it in the atmosphere. Kendrick has had these heaters independently tested for heat transmission. The heaters are highly effective in directing most of the heat into the optics which is important if dew is to be prevented. Kendrick uses high-quality Velcro, elastic and connectors with these heaters. All the FireFly heaters come branded with their permanent, white identification label for easy identification in the field.