Celestron EdgeHD 11 OTA - 11" f/10 Aplanatic HD OTA - CGE Dovetail
Celestron 11" Aplanatic EdgeHD Optics SCT OTA - CGE Dovetail
The Celestron EdgeHD 11 is a remarkable Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA. Built to satisfy astrophotographers, but also suitable for superior visual observing. Curious to hear more? Check out the comprehensive video below!
Celestron 11" Aplanatic EdgeHD - General Features:
- 11" Aplanatic EdgeHD Optical Tube Assembly
- Aluminum optical tube
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2800 mm focal length (f/10)
- 23 mm Axiom 2" eyepiece included (102x)
- Visual back allows for use with 1.25" accessories
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- 2" Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduces image shift during imaging
- Tube vents with integrated 60 micron mesh filter allowing hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror
- FASTAR-Compatible optical tube is equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 CCD imaging (Requires optional accessory equipment)
- Includes dovetail rail compatible with CGE mount
Celestron's EdgeHD Optical Tube is a Aplanatic Schmidt Telescope design producing aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system on the Celestron EdgeHD 11 was designed to give an astrograph quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view as well as reducing the off-axis star coma. What you will get out of this Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA are visibly sharper images, enhanced mechanical features, FASTAR compatibility, and superior performance all the way around! The difference in EdgeHD optics is that they produce a focal plane more than three times flatter than that from a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than other competitive coma-free designs. The EdgeHD design of this Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
The new optical design and redesigned tube of the Celestron EdgeHD 11 allow you to get the most out of your optics every night. Holding the mirror in place, thus reducing image shift when rotating are flexible tension clutches incorporated in this design. These flexible rods hold the mirror in place without using any pressure or force on the mirror assembly. This helps keep the image centered in the eyepiece or CCD chip of this Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA. Tube vents on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. These vents have an integrated 60 micron micro-mesh filter that guarantees letting warm air out without letting dust in.