- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY 163C Color Cooled Astronomy Camera - QHY163C
QHY163C Cooled CMOS Astronomy Imaging Camera
The QHY163C is a high quality cooled color camera that will produce amazing images of the Moon, the planets, and deep sky objects! It is capable of creating 4K Ultra High Definition video at 30 FPS, and will perform at 22.5 frames per second at full resolution. The QHY 163C sports a back-illuminated 16 megapixel, 4656 x 3522 CMOS sensor housed in a sealed chamber that is heated to prevent dew from building up on the sensor or window. This 4/3 high resolution sensor uses 3.8um pixels and has extremely low read noise of 1.2e.
The ability to cool your camera will reduce dark noise in your images. Cooling is especially helpful when imaging on warm summer nights! The QHY163C imaging camera has two-stage TEC cooling and temperature regulation that allows temperatures to reach a maximum of -40C below ambient. QHY has also tackled the problem of dew that can form on your sensor or sensor window, especially on damp nights. The QHY163 sensor chamber is fully sealed to keep air out, and includes a silicon gel tube socket as well as a window heater to keep everything nice and dry.
A built-in 128MB DDRII image buffer provides a safeguard against unexpected drops in data transmission. A frame buffer avoids lost frames during USB transfer by storing image data in the camera itself until it can be safely transmitted. Buffering will also make sure your video runs more smoothly when using a slower computer.
All semiconductors produce a small amount of light when powered up, causing brighter spots in the corners of the sensor where the high gain amplifiers are housed. Amplifier glow is most noticeable during long exposures. The QHY163C camera has an anti-amp light control circuit to reduce amplifier glow significantly.
QHY163C USB3.0 Camera Specifications
- CMOS Sensor: 4/3 inch 16 megapixel CMOS Sensor
- Color or Monochrome: Color
- Effective Pixels: 4656 x 3522
- Pixel Size: 3.8um x 3.8um
- Effective Area: 17.7mm x 13.4mm
- Shutter: Electric Rolling Shutter
- Full Well Capacity: Typical 18-20ke
- Readout Noise: 2.4e@low gain, 1e@high gain
- Frame Rate 8 bit:
- 22.5 FPS @ 16 mega full resolution
- 30 FPS @ 4K HD Video
- 57 FPS @ 1920 x 1080
- 60 FPS @ 1280 x 1024
- 80 FPS @ 1024 x 768
- 100 fps @ 800 x 600
- ROI Support: Yes. Any Area ROI
- Exposure Time: 50us-1800sec
- AD Sample Depth: 10bit/12bit (8bit/12bit output)
- On Camera Image Buffer: Yes, 128MB DDRII Buffer
- Cooling: 2-stage TEC, Typical -40 below Ambient, Temperature Regulated
- Power: USB Powered for camera and +12V powered for TEC
- Anti Dew Control: Air Connector for removable silicon gel tube. Heat board for optic window of sealed CCD chamber
- Computer Interface: USB3.0 Super Speed
- Telescope Interface: M42/0.75 & 2inch adapter. Optional C-mount adapter
- Color Wheel Port: 4PIN QHYCFW2 socket
- Guide Port: 6PIN RJ11 Guide Port
- Optic Window: IR
- Weight: 442g/15.59 ounces
- Electric Interface: 12V input with lock, USB3.0 socket, 4PIN QHYCFW, 6PIN RJ11