- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI294MC Pro Astronomy Camera - ASI294MC-P
ZWO ASI294MC Pro Cooled Color Astronomy Camera
with Free ZWO Mini Keychain
Sony IMX294CJK CMOS Sensor
The Sony IMX294CJK is the first internal imaging sensor for astronomical cameras to support the Type 4/3 format, producing the pixel output necessary for 4K at 120 frame/s (in ADC 10-bit output mode, the ASI294MC can run up to 25 fps at 4K format base on USB3.0 bandwidth). Additionally, the ASI294MC Pro uses large pixels to achieve SNR1s of 0.14 1x* which is comparable to the ASI224's (0.13 1x*) value.
Exceptional Low Illumination Performance
A large-size optical system along with the extension of the pixel area to 4.63 µm allows for exceptional low-illumination performance. This results in a sensor that is optimal for astrophotography applications requiring low-illumination operation.
- The ASI294MC Pro features 14-Bit ADC and can achieve a dynamic range of 13 stops, an improvement over even the ASI1600.
- Full well capacity is 63700e, three times the capacity of the ASI1600. Even when exposed for long periods, bright stars won't saturate. The ASI294MC Pro can reach a higher SNR (signal to noise ratio) with one individual exposure.
- 256 MB DDR3 memory buffer enables better data transfer stability with no amp-glow, an issue generated by the slow speed data transfer during readout when connected with a USB2.0 port.
- A back-illuminated type sensor, the IMX294 has a very high QE estimated to be more than 75%.
- USB 3.0 port supplies 5 gb of bandwidth to make running the ASI294MC at 16 fps (14bit, normal mode) or 19 fps (10bit, high speed mode) at full 11.7 MP resolution possible.
- The USB 2.0 hub connects with a variety of accessories like a filter wheel, guide camera, and electronic focuser. Your cable can be better managed with the USB2.0 hub. Includes two short 0.5 m USB2.0 cables to power the source of the hub via an external supply when connected.
- The ASI294MC Pro and ASI1600 Pro have identical mechanics. The chamber is sealed by four screws. This structure has been through rigorous testing and is known to be very stable. Even in extremely humid conditions, the ASI294MC Pro still works as normal without dew problems.
Important Notice Regarding Power: Please be aware that this cooled ZWO camera does not come with a power supply but one is required to run your camera's cooler. You can either choose a ZWO 12V 5A ACDC Power Supply (choose the model with the proper plug for your location), or if you prefer running off of your car or portable DC battery, we recommend the Orion DC Power Cord and a Celestron PowerTank 17 or other 9V to 15V battery. Thanks.
ASIair Pro Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair Pro. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair Pro to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI294MC Pro Cooled Color Astronomy Camera Specifications
- Sensor: 4/3" Sony IMX294 CMOS
- Diagonal: 21.6 mm
- Resolution: 11.3 MP
- Pixel Array: 4144 x 2822
- Pixel Size: 4.63 µm
- Bayer Pattern: RGGB
- Minimum Exposure Time: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure Time: 2,000 s
- ROI: Supported
- ST4 Guider Port: Yes
- Focus Distance to Sensor: 6.5 mm
- Shutter Type: Rolling
- Protect Window: AR coated
- Operating System Compatibility: Mac, Windows, Linux
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Bit Rate: 14-bit output (14-bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2"/ 1.25"/ M42x0.75
- Dimensions: 62 mm x 36 mm
- Weight: 14.8 oz.
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%