- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Explore Scientific 102 mm Air Spaced Doublet Refractor Telescope OTA - DAR102065-01
Explore Scientific 102 mm Air Spaced Doublet Refractor Telescope
- The Explore Scientific AR102 comes packed full of accessories some of which include, 8x50 Finder Scope, 99% Reflective 2" Diagonal and a Two Speed Focuser.
- Optics are Fully Multi Coated.
- The Explore Scientific AR102 has a lens cell you can collimate which allows for the precise alignment of telescope lenses thereby increasing overall contrast.
- The AR102 has a f/6.5 focal ratio, for a focal length of 663 mm.
The latest addition to the Air-Spaced Doublet AR Series is the very portable, grab-and-go 102 mm Aperture Refractor.
Like its two larger brothers, the AR127, and the AR152, these are classic air-spaced, crown-and-flint, doublet achromatic refractors with superior-class optical figure, in a short (f/6.5) focal length design. These optics are an extreme value, produce stunning images of deep sky objects, double stars, planets, and the moon that are a small fraction of the price of comparable aperture apochromat refractors. Finally one can own a diffraction-limited high quality refractor for a relatively modest investment.
Designed to handle the rigors of public star parties and educational outreach, the Explore Scientific AR Series has standard hardware which includes a precision two-speed focuser, a 99% Reflective 2-inch Diagonal Mirror, and an 8x50 Finder Scope. You can be confident that the quality and construction of these telescopes will allow heavy use for many years and are backed with the Explore STAR Transferable Extended Life of the Product Warranty.
Although the FirstLight AR102 Refractor is nearly identical to the 102 mm Air-Spaced Doublet Refractor both in terms of optics and materials, there is a difference when it comes to included accessories. The DAR102 comes with a 2" Dual-Speed Crayford Focuser, 8x50 Finderscope, and 2" Diagonal, while the FL-AR102 comes with a 1.25" Diagonal, Red Dot Finder, and 40 mm Draw Tube Focuser.
Optics, Optics, Optics!
The optics in their collimatable lens cell are fully multi-coated to eliminate light scatter and maintain image contrast. We precision collimate every Explore Scientific telescope at our factory to give optimum performance. Although you may never need to adjust optical alignment, the AR Series allows for collimating the lens set should the telescope ever require it. Contrast is further enhanced with multiple baffles that mask and deflect unwanted stray light.
The Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Doublet AR Series telescopes include a precision 2-inch two-speed focuser as standard equipment. The eyepiece holder uses a compression ring to prevent the eyepiece or camera barrel from scoring. Many telescopes are only supplied with a standard single-speed focuser, you will find that a tiny nudge will throw out focus and turn your night into one of frustration. So we included as standard equipment, on all Explore Scientific AR Series, a two-speed Crayford-style precision focuser with tension adjustment and a lock, to obtain and hold perfect focus. We think you'll agree that such precision is worth it.
The Two-Inch Dielectric Diagonal includes a 1.25" eyepiece holder adapter and dust covers to protect the mirror. Provided as standard equipment, Explore Scientific's Two Inch Dielectric Diagonal incorporates a light-weight, one-piece diagonal body that securely cradles the precision polished diagonal flat mirror, insuring precision alignment. Ultra-high reflective coatings (99% reflective) composed of multiple thin layers of dielectric material delivers maximum light output.
Both 2" and 1.25" eyepiece holders use compression rings instead of a simple set-screw to more securely hold your valued eyepiece (or imaging device) and to minimize scoring of eyepiece barrels. You can thread standard 48 mm filters into the barrel.
The Explore Scientific 8x50 Finder Scope provides a true field of view of 6 degrees. Its coated optics provide a bright high-resolution image, so that many faint stars and nebulosity can be detected, for precise aiming of your scope.