- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 50 mm Square - OIIICCD6-50SQ
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 50 mm Square
- 50x50 mm OIII 6 nm CCD Filter expressly designed for astrophotography
- Approaches full OIII line transmission
- FWHM bandwidth of about 6 nm
- Optimally equipped for photographing planetary nebulae as well as the remnants of supernovae
- Multi-layer coating technique provides protection against the damaging effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not compromise your telescope's optical performance
- German-designed for high optical quality!
- Best-suited for telescopes with 6" aperture or more
More About the Astronomik 50 mm Square OIII 6 nm CCD Filter
For OIII emission line nebulae imaging from an ideally dark location or under heavily light polluted conditions, the Astronomik OIII CCD Filter offers complete impediment against mercury and sodium-vapor, the main causes of light pollution, as well as natural skyglow, and moonlight. The contrast between objects in the 501 nm doubly ionized oxygen line and the background is greatly enhanced. In addition, with this OIII 6 nm CCD Filter allows greenish and blueish targets to be photographed, considerably expanding your imaging potential.
As a result of the combination of a typical 96% transmission with a 6 nm narrow bandwidth, this filter provides an incredible boost in contrast since all undesired light from other wavelengths obstructed from UV up to IR. Its reduced 6 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM) gives this filter higher contrast gain when compared to the 12 nm OIII CCD filter. This enables an exceptionally dark background.
A fitting choice for imaging faint objects in areas of the Milky Way that are densely packed with stars, or for observing from heavily light polluted locations. This filter's 6 nm is matched to enable premium performance with CCD and CMOS sensors with a very low dark current! Furthermore, a new MFR coating technique allows this 6 nm OIII filter to be used on all telescopes and other instruments with focal ratios up to f/4 without a decrease in performance.
As with all filters from Astronomik, the 6 nm OIII is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. This filter is highly resistant to damage incurred by scratching, aging, and high humidity. Diffraction limited for preserving the optical performance of your telescope. Astronomik filters are shipped in a high quality, long-lasting plastic storage case.