- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Pass Filter - 50 mm Square - P642-50SQ
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR-Pass Filter - 50 mm Square
The latest contribution to the Astronomik ProPlanet IR-pass filter family, the ProPlanet 642 BP enables a wide range of daytime IR photography applications, as well as high resolution lunar and planetary imaging, and, when used for astrophotography, stunning deep sky image captures of H-Alpha region objects.
The P642 IR-Pass Filter offers a 200 nm spectral window between 642 nm and 842 nm. As opposed to the other two Astronomik ProPlanet filters, the P642 blocks the longer infrared. Astronomik is now providing users with three separate options for their IR-imaging needs, this P642 filter as well as their other two ProPlanet filters, the 742 and 807. For best imaging, the ProPlanet 642 will frequently be the ideal choice.
- High contrast images offer excellent color presentation
- Clear images with "wood effect"
- No longer IR hot spot
- Short exposure times comparable to normal VIS-imaging
- Ideally fitted for infrared videos
High Resolution Lunar & Planetary Imaging:
- Short exposure times
- Efficient seeing reduction
- Enhanced contrast
- Obstructing the longer IR removes ghosting and allows for maximum sharpness
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Finest H-Alpha line transmission at 656 nm
- FWHM of approximately 40 nm with astro-modified Digital SLR cameras
- Incredible contrast even in moonlight or severely light polluted conditions
- Sensibly priced filter for casual H-alpha imagers
- Simple focusing enabled by the combination of camera display and LiveView
- More than 96% transmission for the 642 nm to 842 nm wavelength range
- Blocks wavelengths between 350 nm and 630 nm
- Parfocal with any other filter Astronomik carries
- 1 mm glass thickness
- Coatings provide full resistance to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and therefore will maintain your telescope's current optical performance level
- Astronomik filters come with a long-lasting, supreme quality plastic storage case