- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI290MM Mini Monochrome Astronomy Camera - ASI290MINI-FG
ZWO ASI290MM Mini Monochrome Imaging Camera
with Free ZWO Mini Keychain
One of ZWO's two initial Mini Cameras, the ASI290 Mini features a Sony IMX290/IMX291 1/3" sensor (5.6 mm x 3.2 mm). Pixel size is 2.9 µm x 2.9 µm with a pixel array of 1936 x 1096. This camera offers 12-Bit ADC and a QE peak of more than 80%.
For planetary imaging as well as guiding, the ZWO ASI290 Mini Camera is a fine performer. Low read noise, high dynamic range, a QE peak over 80%, and AR protective window, are among its highlights.
ASI290 Mini vs. ASI290MM
The ASI290 Mini is lighter and has a smaller outlook than the ASI174MM. It is also capable of reaching focus at the same position as the eyepiece. See images for a detailed comparison.
USB 2.0 and ST4 Ports
ZWO Mini cameras feature one USB2.0 type C port. Type C ports are optimally suited for mobile phones as the positive and negative sides of the adapter are not important. The ST4 port connects the ASI290 Mini directly to a mount's autoguiding port.
When designing the ASI290 Mini, ZWO considered sensitivity to be of utmost importance. Being able to look for a guide star is essential. So when they were first starting out, ZWO thought to use a monochrome sensor to design their guide camera since mono sensors have much higher sensitivity when compared with color sensors. ZWO ultimately decided to go with the 290 and 174 monochrome sensors which have a QE peak of approximately 80%, detecting a larger number of stars in view. In addition, guiding shortens exposure time.
Made for precise guiding, the ASI290 Mini contanis 2.9 µm pixels for a higher arcsec per pixel than either the 224 or 120 series cameras. This means the ASI290 Mini can detect even more negligible star movement in the same guide scope. This camera can enhance guiding precision over the 120 mm by about 30%.
ASIair Pro Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair Pro. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair Pro to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI290MM Mini Mono Camera Specifications
- Sensor: Sony 1/2.8″ CMOS IMX290/IMX291
- Resolution: 2.1 MP (1936 x 1096)
- Pixel Size: 2.9 µm
- Minimum Exposure: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 300 s
- ROI: Supported
- ST4 Guider Port: Yes
- Focus Distance to Center: 8.5 mm
- Shutter Type: Rolling
- Protect Window: AR coated
- Operating System Compatibility: Mac, Windows, Linux
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Bit Rate: 12bit output (12bit ADC)
- Adapter: 1.25" M28.5x0.6
- Dimensions: 36 mm x 61 mm
- Weight: 60 g (3.1 oz.) without lens
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Storage Temperature: -20ºC - 60ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%
Supported Resolution: USB 2.0 Max FPS
- 1936x1096: 20.4
- 1280x960: 35.3
- 640x480: 141.5
- 320x240: 355.9
- 2X2Bin: 968×548: 20.4
Main image depicts the ASI290 Mini Camera from two different angles. This product is for one camera only.