- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Takahashi TOA-150B - 6" f/7.3 Double ED APO Triplet Refractor with 4" Focuser - TOK15110
Takahashi TOA 150B APO Refractor with 4" Focuser
The Takahashi TOA-150B is an amazing refractor that screams quality! Below is a list of key features pertaining to the Takahashi TOA-150B
- Designed as an Ortho-Apochromatic Triplet, the TOA-150B, with an aperture of 150 mm, uses FPL-53 Extra-Low Dispersion glass to eliminate chromatic aberration
- The Takahashi TOA-150B has a state of the art 4" focuser. Linear bearings have been designed into this focuser to support the insertion of heavy cameras and accessories
- All opical surfaces of the TOA-150B are fully multi-coated with added layers of anti-reflection coating inside the optical tube
- The OTA of this telescope is knife-edge baffled for added anti-reflective performance
- With 1100 mm of focal length and a focal ratio of f/7.33 this scope was built for astrophotography
- Resolution = 0.77 arcsec
- Full 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
An amazing instrument, the Takahashi TOA-150B is one of the top research grade refractors on the market. The air-spaced optics sport an innovative triplet design that utilizes special elements to generate the best color correction possible. Gone are the days of edge color when you use this telescope. Extra-Low-Dispersion FPL-53 glass allows for such performance.
In the TOA design, three lens elements are used, with the front and rear constructed from ED glass. The resulting system achieves a high level of apochromatic performance for both visual observation and imaging. Takahashi engineers have a undertaken a complete redesign of the triplet system, completely eliminating spherical aberration while minimizing axial chromatic aberration in the visible light spectrum.
In typical apochromatic designs, the elimination of chromatic aberration is usually at the expense of increasing spherical aberration at various wavelengths. However, in the TOA-150, the focal shift across the entire visible spectrum from 436 nm up to 656 nm is less than +/- 0.01 mm. This is less than 1/100 the aberration of a typical apochromatic design.
The 4" focuser on the TOA-150 is perfect for those who are looking to use a larger full-frame sensor or medium format camera for astrophotography. The focuser on this scope is super strong and can support heavy accessories with its new trigger lock mechanism. With 225 mm of back focus, this dual-speed (7:1) heavy-duty focuser provides photographers with the flexibility they need to reach focus. It also comes with a camera angle adjusted that allows for 360 degrees of rotation!
Takahashi TOA-150B Refractor Specifications
- Model: TOA-150B
- Part Number: TOK15110
- Old Part Number: TOK1501
- Optical Type: Double ED Triplet
- Aperture: 150 mm
- Resolution: 0.77”
- Limiting Magnitude: 12.7
- Light Gathering Power: 460X
- Focal Length: 1100 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/7.3
- Tube Diameter: 179 mm
- Tube Length - Extended: 1270 mm
- Tube Length - Retracted: 1110 mm
- Tube Weight: 33.5 pounds/15.2 kg
TOA-150 with Optional Reducers, Flatteners or Extenders
- Flattener: Takahashi 35 Small Flattener
- Product Number: TKA31582
- Effective Focal Length: 1080 mm
- Effective Focal Ratio: f/7.2
- Resulting Image Circle: 40 mm
- Flattener: Takahashi 67 Flattener
- Product Number: TKA32583S
- Effective Focal Length: 1090 mm
- Effective Focal Ratio: f/7.3
- Resulting Image Circle: 90 mm
- Reducer: Takahashi TOA-35 Reducer
- Product Number: TKA32580B
- Effective Focal Length: 775 mm
- Effective Focal Ratio: f/5.2
- Resulting Image Circle: 44 mm
- Extender: Takahashi 2” 1.6X Extender
- Product Number: TKA31595
- Effective Focal Length: 1760 mm
- Effective Focal Ratio: f/11.7
- Extender/Flattener: Takahashi 2” 1.5X ED Extender/35 Flattener
- Product Number: TKA37595
- Effective Focal Length: 1650 mm
- Effective Focal Ratio: f/11
- Resulting Image Circle: 44 mm