- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron CGX-L 925 EdgeHD Computerized Telescope - 12075
Celestron 9.25" EdgeHD SCT OTA
on CGX-L Computerized Equatorial Mount
on CGX-L Computerized Equatorial Mount
If you're looking for a high resolution imaging telescope that will produce sharp, bright flat-field images, check out the Celestron 9.25" EdgeHD aplanatic Schmidt-Cassegrain on the CGX-L GoTo Equatorial Mount! Amateur astronomers have had a love affair with Celestron's 9.25" optics for years, because while the 925 gathers substantially more light than an 8" model, it is more portable than the 11", weighing in at just 21 pounds. Edge HD optics produce amazingly flat, aberration-free images across the field of view. You will love the way stars look through your super wide angle eyepieces, and your astro-images will be sharp from edge to edge.
The Celestron CGX-L is a low profile, computerized equatorial mount with an excellent load capacity to weight ratio. Since the 9.25" EdgeHD OTA weighs only 21 pounds, you will have over 50 pounds left to accessorize your system any way you like! You'll love features like a longer dual-fit dovetail saddle with two extra AUX ports and Autoguider port, a larger worm wheel, and an extremely stable CGX-L tripod. Polar align with built-in software, do multi-point mount modeling thanks to the new Celestron/Planewave Instruments software, or run your system remotely with advanced features such as Home Sensors and Limit Sensors. And because the CGX-L holds 75 pounds with ease, you can be assured that if you upgrade due to aperture fever, your mount can take it! You can read more about the Celestron 9.25" EdgeHD Telescope and the CGX-L Mount below:
About the Celestron 925 EdgeHD SCT OTA
Celestron's EdgeHD optics are well-known for their coma-free, pinpoint images all the way to the edge of the field, and work well with full frame sensors as well as today's amazingly wide field eyepieces. In fact, EdgeHD optics can produce images that are three times flatter than a standard SCT, and even show improvement when compared to competitor's coma-free designs. Image shift is reduced with the addition of mirror support knobs so that the optics stay in place during imaging or slewing across the sky. Tube vents featuring an integrated 95-micron mesh filter allows hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror for faster cooling. Finally, the EdgeHD 925 OTA is compatible with Fastar, a third party accessory that can convert it into a super fast f/2 imaging system.
Features of the Celestron 9.25" EdgeHD OTA
- 9.25" f/10 Aplanatic SCT EdgeHD optics for an amazingly flat field and pinpoint stars to the edge of the field
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings provide maximum light gathering across a wide visual and photographic spectrum
- Aluminum optical tube with cooling vents on the rear cell to help acclimate optics faster
- An integrated 95-micron micromesh filter lets warm air out of the OTA without letting dust get in.
- Flexible tension mirror clutches allow the mirror to be held in place without putting pressure on the mirror. This will help keep the image in the center of your sensor or eyepiece, reducing image shift
- The Celestron 9.25" EdgeHD has a Fastar-compatible optical tube. The secondary mirror is removable, and can be replaced with an optional third-party accessory, called Fastar, for fast f/2 CCD imaging
Celestron 925 EdgeHD OTA Specifications
- Optical Design: EdgeHD
- Aperture: 234.95 mm (9.25 in)
- Focal Length: 2350 mm (93 in)
- Focal Ratio: 10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece: 23 mm (0.91 in)
- Magnification of Eyepiece: 102 x
- Finderscope: 9x50
- Star Diagonal: 2" w/ 1.25" adapter
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 555 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 34 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude : 14.4
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.59 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.49 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 1127 x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 3.35 in (85 mm)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 36%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 13%
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 22 in (559 mm)
- Optical Tube Weight: 21 lb (9.53 kg)
- Dovetail Compatibility: CGE Mount
Features of the CGX-L Mount
- The CGX-L has larger, 144 mm diameter worm wheels to handle heavier loads and drive them accurately. The worm wheel is made of brass and is spring-loaded, and together with the stainless steel worm gear, they provide excellent gear mesh and reduce friction, creating a buttery smooth belt drive system.
- The right ascension and declination motors used on the Celestron CGX-L have more torque for improved tracking and slewing under load. Working together with the belt drive system, you’ll experience minimal backlash and worry-free operation. You can even watch the pulleys and belts working through the motor cover windows!
- Celestron has increased the number of auxiliary ports to four (4), and has even added an additional autoguider port so that you have maximum flexibility when it comes to electronic accessories. Two of the AUX ports and an Autoguider port are built in just below the dovetail saddle, making it easy to plug in extra accessories like the StarSense or WiFi module and not worry about the cord causing a problem as the mount moves. Speaking of cabling, those required to run the mount are run internally, so even if you are running your CGX-L remotely, you don’t have to worry about cable snags.
- Mechanical hard stops and limit sensors on both axes protect the Celestron CGX-L from hitting the tripod or causing undue stress on the cables. Built-in limit sensors will actually stop the mount from slewing or tracking further before the CGX-L reaches the hard stop fail safe.
- Home sensors are built into the CGX-L mount, making it a great choice for remote use. Now you can always start your mount from the same index position, regardless of where it was pointed when the mount was last used.
- Celestron’s PWI software was co-designed by Planewave Instruments, a company famous for their professional-level telescopes and mounts. One of the features of this software is multi-point mount modeling, which is normally only included with mounts costing thousands more. Multi-point mount modeling allows you to increase the pointing accuracy of the CGX-L mount. The software also includes plate solving and focus support.
- With all the features of the CGX-L, it is easy for overlook the fact that this is a computerized mount. The included Celestron NexStar + hand controller has a USB port on the bottom to make updates easier. It includes a bright, easy to read LCD display, a 40,000 object database, and a variety of choices in the software to make finding and observing celestial objects a breeze.
- The CGX-L has redesigned and ergonomic adjustment knobs throughout. These knobs are large and easy to turn due to reduced friction, even under heavy loads.
- With the CGX-L, you don’t need a separate finder, application, or other alignment accessories to do an accurate polar alignment. Software Polar Align is a feature that allows you to do an “All-Star Polar Alignment” on any bright star quickly and accurately. If you would like to use a polar scope to align in the classic manner, Celestron has designed one specifically for the CGX or CGX-L Mount. See the recommended accessories for a link to the product.
- Dual Dovetail Saddle with extra length. The beefy dovetail saddle on the CGX-L is the ultimate in flexibility. It is 270 mm (almost 11”) long, and accepts either a Vixen-style (CG-5) dovetail plate or the wider Losmandy-style (CGE) plate. This means you can mount just about any telescope on the CGX-L quickly and easily, making it a very flexible mount.
- Now let’s talk about the CGX-L’s excellent load capacity to mount weight ratio. The weight capacity of the CGX-L is 75 pounds, however, the mount head only weighs an amazing 52.6 pounds. While not light as a feather, that means this very capable equatorial mount is still considered portable. Celestron has created a very ergonomic design that makes it easier to carry and set up. There are handles built in so you can carry close to your body (see extra images for an example).
- The CGX-L Tripod has been completely redesigned to handle the extra capacity of the CGX-L mount. It’s large 2.75” diameter legs spread wider than usual for added stability, and the height is adjustable from 35.75” to 52.75”. A heavy-duty accessory tray holds three 1.25” eyepieces, two 2” eyepieces, and even has a shelf built in to hold your smartphone or tablet in an upright position! It can stay in place even when the tripod is collapsed, making it much easier to set up, break down, and store your tripod.
- The Celestron CGXL comes with a larger 31.5mm diameter counterweight shaft to support the required counterweights needed to balance your OTA and accessories. The mount comes with one 22-lb. counterweight, and of course more are available separately. You will also receive a Celestron DC Power Cable to run the mount. It plugs into a cigarette lighter socket, which means you can run the CGX-L from your car battery, or you can use a portable DC battery like the Celestron PowerTank Lithium (sold separately). An AC Adapter is also available should you prefer to run your mount from household current.
- Mount Type: German Equatorial
- Instrument load capacity: 75 lb.
- Tripod height adjustment range: 35.75” to 52.75”
- Tripod leg diameter: 2.75”
- Accessory Tray: Holds five eyepieces, with Smartphone/Tablet stand
- Latitude adjustment range: 3 - 65 degrees
- Tripod Weight: 46.2 lb.
- EQ Head Weight: 52.6 lb.
- Max Slew Speed: 4 degrees per second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Number of Aux ports: 4
- Autoguide ports: 2
- USB Port: Yes
- LED Light: Yes, includes Red LED light toggle switch
- Clock: Internal Real Time Clock to keep time and site info
- Software: PWI Software
- WiFi: Supports SkyPortal & StarSense (sold separately)
- Dovetail Saddle Length: 270 mm (10.63”)
- Dovetail Saddle: Dual Fit (Vixen/Losmandy)
- Worm Wheel Diameter: 144 mm
- Hand Control: NexStar + with USB Port
- Object Database: 40,000
- PEC: Yes, and PPEC Ready
Celestron CGX-L Mount Specifications
For more information on the Celestron CGX-L Equatorial Mount, take a look at this You Tube video in which Celestron product engineer, Bryan Cogdell, goes over its many features:.