- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron NexStar Evolution 8" EdgeHD with StarSense & Free Eyepiece Kit - 12096
Free 13-Piece Eyepiece & Filter Kit
Wow! Get a free Celestron 1.25" Eyepiece & Filter Kit when you buy the Celestron 8” NexStar Evolution Telescope from High Point Scientific! This 13 piece accessory kit, valued at $169.95, includes 5 Plossl eyepieces, a 2X Barlow, a full set of planetary color filters, and an aluminum carry case. With this kit and your new telescope, you’ll have a plethora of magnifications to choose from, and subtle details on the moon & planets will pop into view with the included filters.
Celestron NexStar Evolution 8" EdgeHD Telescope with StarSenseThe Celestron NexStar Evolution continues to evolve. Celestron has coupled their finest optics with their finest technology to create an exceptionally flexible and portable telescope system. Now you can experience innovative EdgeHD optics and StarSense AutoAlign on the highly esteemed Evolution Alt-Az mount and control it all through your preferred smartphone or tablet with the SkyPortal app.
The Celestron NexStar Evolution 8" now comes with StarSense AutoAlign for automatic go-to alignment when you tap "Connect and Align." Observing, astrophotography, and instant wireless alignment are all wrapped up in a compact yet mechanically sound package. Celestron has never offered a more proficient, user-friendly, observation-ready system before.
When the NexStar Evolution was first presented, it coupled two of Celestron's most highly renowned innovations, Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes and computerized go-to optics, in a condensed single fork arm mount. Over time, the technology and optics have continued to progress. Technology-wise, they added StarSense AutoAlign as well as WiFi control with their new SkyPortal app to their go-to telescope systems. On the optics end, EdgeHD flat-field and coma-free astro-imaging systems were created to suit contemporary imaging cameras of all kinds, specifically larger format CCD and DSLRs. The 8" NexStar Evolution EdgeHD is a compact, user-friendly telescope that is entirely capable for both observing as well as astro-imaging.
StarSense AutoAlign with SkyPortal App
Celestron has added StarSense AutoAlign technology to their SkyPortal app, making it the leading telescope control app on the market. Beyond automatic alignment with your smart device, StarSense also features advanced mount modeling, allowing up to 10 alignment points to be configured for the most meticulous pointing accuracy attainable. Even the most experienced telescope operators will enjoy using StarSense via the SkyPortal app. This inexpensive accessory replaces costlier software typically needed for advanced mount modeling.
Adapts Well for Astro-Imaging and Visual Astronomy
For those who want to get their feet wet with astrophotography, the Celestron 8" NexStar Evolution EdgeHD is an ideal way to do so. It's the most affordable fork arm mounted telescope to offer brass worm gears as well as enhanced motors. The NexStar Evolution 8 provides excellent tracking to go with flat-field, coma-free EdgeHD optics. Simply attach your DSLR to capture stunning images of deep sky objects such as the Orion Nebula. As you get more experienced in the field of astro-imaging, you can supplement your setup with a wedge to attain longer exposures for more intricate images.
Certainly the NexStar Evolution's EdgeHD optical system provides brilliant, crisp views with StarBright XLT optical coatings - an excellent choice for both visual users and beginning astrophotographers.
The Celestron NexStar Evolution sports four auxiliary ports - two on the top of the fork and two on the bottom. Despite the SkyPortal app rendering it unnecessary, a StarSense hand control is still included. This telescope package also comes with a StarPointer Pro finder, two 1.25" Plossl eyepieces, a 1.25" star diagonal, and an international AC adapter.
More About the Free SkyPortal App
The Celestron SkyPortal app gives you an interactive planetarium right on your smart device for an incredible stargazing adventure. For instance, you can view Jupiter's Great Red Spot, or you can choose from an abundance of deep sky objects such as galaxies and nebulae. SkyPortal provides educational information about these targets with descriptive backstories and magnificent image galleries. After learning about them, you can view them for yourself through the 8" NexStar!
Celestron NexStar Evolution 8" EdgeHD Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Highlights
- EdgeHD optics provide exceptional flat-field, coma-free visual and astro-imaging performance.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with power sufficient for 10 hours of nonstop observing.
- Integrated WiFi capability means you can simply use your smartphone or table to control the telescope. No hand controller necessary!
- StarSense Auto Align instantly aligns your telescope and cooperates with SkyPortal for total wireless control.
- Works with Fastar and Hyperstar. Capture deep sky targets in seconds at f/2, frequently removing the need for an autoguider or wedge.
- The NexStar Evolution Mount is loaded with useful features such as manual release clutches and precision machined worm gears for both axes, USB charge port, accessory tray lighting, and more.
- Following automatic alignment with StarSense, simply tap your smart device to choose and go to your desired object.
Celestron NexStar Evolution 8" EdgeHD Telescope Specifications
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 8" (203.2 mm)
- Focal Length: 2032 mm
- Eyepiece Magnification: 40 mm Plossl - 38x; 12.5 mm Plossl - 150x
- Finderscope: StarPointer Pro (Includes 3V CR2032 lithium button battery)
- Star Diagonal: 1.25"
- Mount Type: Single fork arm altazimuth
- Tripod: Stainless steel
- Power Requirements: Internal battery included
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 29x
- Highest Useful Magnification: 480x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Resolution: Rayleigh - 0.59 arc seconds; Dawes Limit - 0.57 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (compared to the naked eye): 843x
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 16"
- Total Telescope System Weight: 40.6 lbs.
- Max Slew Speed: 4 degrees per second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, solar, lunar
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, 3-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Communcation Ports: 1 hand control and 3 auxiliary ports for optional accessories
- International Plugs with AC Adapter: US, UK, EU, AU
- App Database: Over 120,000 including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects
- USB Charge Port: Yes
About the Celestron 1.25" Filter and Eyepiece Kit
The 1.25" Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit with Aluminum Case is a 13 Piece 1.25" telescope eyepiece kit that contains:
Celestron Plossl Eyepieces (Five superior grade Plossl eyepieces) - 1.25": The Celestron Plossl Eyepieces come with a 4 element design and have a 52 degree AFOV (32 mm has 44 degrees). The Celestron Plossl Eyepieces have superb color resolution, edge sharpness and clarity. All Celestron eyepieces in the Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit are fully-multicoated for maximum contrast and resolution. Supplied eyepieces are the 6 mm, 8 mm, 13 mm, 17 mm, and 32 mm focal length Plossl type.
Celestron Barlow Lens - 2x 1.25": The 2x Barlow lens in the Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit compliments the Plossl eyepieces and gives you a total of ten power combinations. High grade glass optics with fully-multicoated lenses are used so there is no degradation of image.
Celestron colored eyepiece (Lunar and planetary) Filters - 1.25": Included in this Celestron accessory kit are Kodak Wratten #12, #21, #25, #56, #58, and #80A filters. Since you have all the eyepieces necessary to study the planets and moon in detail, these filters will greatly enhance your enjoyment of our solar system.
Celestron Moon Filter - 1.25": A neutral-density (ND) filter which allows you maximum enjoyment of the Moon, especially during its brighter phases.
Celestron Aluminum Carrying Case: This sturdy and well-built case fits all of the above items in the die-cut foam interior and has room for additional accessories.