- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron CGX 925 EdgeHD Computerized Telescope - 12056
Celestron 9.25" EdgeHD SCT OTA
on CGX Computerized Equatorial Mount
on CGX Computerized Equatorial Mount
Amateur astronomers have had a love affair with Celestron's 9.25" optics for years, because while they gather substantially more light than an 8" model, the 925 OTA is more portable than the 11", weighing in at just 21 pounds. If you're looking for a high resolution imaging telescope that will produce sharp, bright flat-field images, check out the Celestron 9.25" EdgeHD aplanatic Schmidt-Cassegrain on the new CGX GoTo Equatorial Mount!
Celestron 925 EdgeHD SCT OTA
Celestron's EdgeHD optics are well-known for their coma-free, pinpoint images all the way to the edge of the field, and work well with full frame sensors as well as today's amazingly wide field eyepieces. In fact, EdgeHD optics can produce images that are three times flatter than a standard SCT, and even show improvement when compared to competitor's coma-free designs. Image shift is reduced with the addition of mirror support knobs so that the optics stay in place during imaging or slewing across the sky. Tube vents featuring an integrated 95-micron mesh filter allows hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror for faster cooling. Finally, the EdgeHD 925 OTA is compatible with Fastar, a third party accessory that can convert it into a super fast f/2 imaging system.
Celestron 9.25" EdgeHD SCT Optical Tube Highlights
- 9.25" Aplanatic EdgeHD Optical Tube Assembly
- Aluminum optical tube
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2350 mm focal length (f/10)
- 23 mm Luminos 2" eyepiece included (102x)
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- 2" Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduces image shift during imaging
- Tube vents with integrated 60 micron mesh filter allowing hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror
- FASTAR-Compatible optical tube is equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 CCD imaging (Requires optional accessory equipment)
Celestron CGX Computerized Equatorial Mount
The Celestron CGX mount was re-imagined from the ground up by Celestron’s engineers. Always on the cutting edge of mount design, functionality and engineering, Celestron has achieved a new level of state-of-the-art with the CGX Series Equatorial Mount. The increased load capacity of 55 pounds will accommodate the 925 EdgeHD with ease, and can accept much heavier optical tube assemblies if you are lucky enough to have a few OTA's lying around. For instance, a C11 OTA weighs about 27.5 pounds, which is exactly half of the CGX maximum load capacity! It won’t blink an eye when you add a camera, autoguider with rings, focal reducer, filter wheel, and other imaging accessories that help you create amazing astro-images. It's important to note that the CGX's generous weight capacity does not come at the expense of portability or rigidity. The Celestron CGX EQ Mount only weighs 44 pounds and, because of its low profile design, is very sturdy and rigid.The innovative CGX has been built ergonomically, and include two well-placed carry handles and over-sized lock/adjustment knobs. A re-designed CGE/CG-5 dovetail saddle accepts your choice of dovetail, including standard sizes like the Losmandy (CGE) or Vixen (CG-5), as well as dovetails from AstroPhysics, ADM, and more.
The Celestron CGX is very responsive, with spring-loaded worm gears and heavy-duty belt drives that minimize backlash, produce smoother movements, and increase tracking accuracy. Internal cabling keeps the RA and DEC cords under wraps, and since the power and accessory ports do not move when the mount slews, those cords will not suffer from excess tension. There are also home & limit switches as well as internal hard stops for both RA and Dec built into the CGX to prevent tripod strike.
The Celestron CGX Equatorial Mount tracks 20º past the meridian on either side to maximize imaging time. Technologies such as SkyPortal WiFi and StarSense AutoAlign are supported, and All Star Polar Alignment technology is built-in, for faster and easier polar alignment. New telescope control software for automation and remote operation has been designed for the Celestron CGX in conjunction with Planewave Instruments. This software features multi-point GoTo modeling, focusing and plate solving. With this innovative software, no third party advanced PC control software is needed! The intuitive NexStar + hand controller allows you to align and move the CGX with ease, and has a 40,000 object library. A built-in USB port on the bottom end of the controller has been added, which means no more RS232-to-USB adapter.
The CGX tripod comes with 2” diameter steel legs that have graduated markings for quick leveling. The spreader bar adds extra stability to the heavy-duty tripod, and offers a few places to store your extra eyepieces when observing.
Celestron CGX Equatorial Mount Highlights
- The CGX Mount has a large 55 pound weight capacity!
- More responsive, the CGX mount has spring-loaded worm gears with belt drives to minimize backlash.
- Easily mount a wide range of optical tube assemblies on the CGX dual-fit CG-5 (Vixen)/CGEM (Losmandy) dovetail saddle plate.
- Internal cabling, Home and Limit switches, internal hard stops for both axes work to prevent cable wrap, tripod strike, and keep your cables safe and out of the way.
- The CGX tracks 20-degrees past the meridian on either side, supporting you in your astro-imaging endeavors.
- All-Star Polar Alignment technology is built-in, making polar alignment easier and faster. The CGX mount also supports StarSense AutoAlign.
- Improved ergonomics and intuitive carry-handles
- Sophisticated telescope control software is all new and designed in conjunction with Planewave Instruments. Features include multi-point GoTo modeling, focusing and plate solving.
- No third party advanced PC control software is necessary.
- Mount weighs just 44 pounds, making it very portable.
- Included heavy-duty tripod has 2" stainless steel legs with graduated marks to make leveling easier.
For more information on the Celestron CGX Equatorial Mount, take a look at our Celestron CGX Mount Review, or watch a YouTube video in which Celestron product engineer, Bryan Cogdell, proudly goes over the highlights of the CGX Mount with High Point Scientific's Robert Dugan.