- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY16200A - APS-H Format Monochrome CCD Camera with Integrated 7 Position Filter Wheel - QHY16200A-CFW7
QHY QHY16200A Monochrome CCD Camera
with 7-Position 50mm Filter Wheel
with 7-Position 50mm Filter Wheel
The QHY 16200A CCD Camera, with its large APS-H sensor format, has been developed specifically for amateur astronomers who desire a monochrome sensor larger than an APS-C.
APS-H Format 16 MB CCD Sensor
The APS-H sensor, with an effective image area of 27 mm x 21.6 mm, is much larger than the QHY8L's 23.4 mm x 15.8 mm APS-C format sensor. The logic behind making such a large sensor is due to the fact that there isn't a monochrome sensor between 8300 (4/3") and 11002 (full size). The APS-H format is applicable for most telescopes as well as for 2" or 50mm filters.
This sensor has a pixel size of 6.0 µm x 6.0 µm with 16 mega pixels, a little bit bigger than the 8300's 5.4 µm. QE is anticipated to be identical to the 8300 or higher. The 37ke full well capacity is significantly higher than the 8300's 25.5ke.
Fully Integrated "A" Series Camera
As a member of QHY's new "A" series "ALL-IN-ONE" camera family, the QHY16200A features a built-in motor driven color filter wheel, while inherently supporting QHY's Medium OAG Off-Axis Guider (sold separately). Six M3 screw holes enable solid installation of the QHY OAG with minimal back focus, crucial for some optical systems.
An internal USB 2.0 hub offers two USB host ports and a USB to dual RS232 converter for attaching guide cameras, mounts, and electric focusers directly to the camera without having to use a computer. Instead of multiple long cables leading to clutter and the possibility of signal loss, with the QHY16200A, you need only one USB cable.
Butterfly Shutter - Virtually Unlimited Life and Uniform Illumination
The QHY16200A camera uses a motor driven mechanical shutter in the shape of a butterfly. This shutter is only a single part and does not interact with or cause friction to other parts. It has a virtually unlimited operating life to go with a uniform illumination feature. There are also two sides to this shutter for light coverage.
12V Power Socket with Screw Lock & USB Clip
This camera is powered by a single 12V socket. This power socket uses thread lock to provide a solid connection with DC plugs. An additional socket connected with the input in parallel is also available to provide the 12V of power to any external device within reach.
For their "A" series design, QHYCCD offers a unique stainless steel USB cable clip to help negate instances of USB transfer hang while the telescope is in motion. This happens as a result of unreliable USB connections designed for commercial use and not for applications that need a high degree of dependability.
This version of the QHY 16200A camera comes with a built-in 7-position color filter wheel that will accept either 50mm unmounted or 2" mounted filters. If you use 50mm unmounted filters the glass can be anywhere from 1mm to 8mm thick. The maximum height of the filter holder for 2" mounted filters is 9mm.
QHY QHY16200A Monochrome CCD Camera Specifications
- CCD Sensor: APS-H Standard Grade
- Effective Pixels: 4540 x 3630 (16 mega pixels)
- Pixel Size: 6.0 µm x 6.0 µm
- Effective Area: 27.0 mm x 21.6 mm
- Readout Type: Full Frame CCD, Progressive Scan
- Full Well Capacity: Typical 41ke
- ADC: 16bit
- Readout Noise: Typical 10e-
- System Gain: 0.7e/adu
- Binning Modes: 1x1, 2x2, 4x4
- Anti-Blooming: 2000x
- Thermal Noise: 0.04e/pixel/sec @ -20ºC
- Minimum Exposure Time: 0.001 seconds
- Maximum Exposure Time: 10,000 seconds
- TEC: 2 stage
- Cooling: Typical -40º below ambient
- Shutter: Butterfly mechanical shutter with uniform illumination
- Moisture Control: Air Connector for removable silicon gel tube. Heat board for optic window of sealed CCD chamber.
- Filter Wheel: Built-in 7-position for 50mm unmounted or 2" mounted filters
- OAG Interface: Six M3 screw holes for QHYOAG
- Telescope Interface: M54/0.75 inner screw
- Power Consumption: 0% cooling 8W; 50% cooling 16.5W; 100% cooling 27W
- Weight: 5 lbs. 1 oz.