- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro Computerized Equatorial Mount - S30300
Sky-Watcher EQ6R Pro German Equatorial Mount
with SynScan GoTo Hand Controller
With a weight capacity of 44 pounds, the beefy and thoughtfully designed Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro Computerized Equatorial Mount is just the thing for amateur astronomers and Astro-imagers who use all but the largest of telescope optical tube assemblies.
The Skywatcher EQ6R Pro Mount has a belt drive system and stepper motors for accuracy in finding and tracking celestial objects, and Skywatcher’s tried-and-true SynScan hand controller offers up a 42,900 object database, special tours of the night sky, permanent periodic error correction, backlash compensation, the ability to set slewing limits, park, and polar alignment assist via the built-in illuminated polar scope. The EQ6-R Pro mount also has an ST4 auto guider port.
You’ll really like thoughtful features such as the EQ6-R Pro dual saddle plate that will accept either Vixen- or Losmandy-style dovetails. A built-in carry handle near the polar scope will make transporting and setting up the EQ6R Pro mount much easier, as will the retractable counterweight shaft. Many telescope mount manufacturers do not include a polar scope on their mid-weight equatorial mounts, but not Sky-Watcher! They have included a built-in illuminated polar scope to help make polar alignment a breeze.
The Skywatcher EQ6R Pro mount sits on a very sturdy tripod, with 2” diameter stainless steel legs, a tripod spreader plate with cut-outs for eyepiece storage, and tripod feet that will snuggle into the dirt or grass. The SynScan hand controller slides to a handy holder that attaches to one of the tripod legs.
The EQ6R Pro also comes with two ll-lb. counterweights, a Canon EOS Trigger Cable, and thread-on Power Cable.
Please Note: The EQ6-R mount now includes a USB hand controller. As a result, Sky-Watcher no longer includes the PC-link cable in this package.
Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro Mount Specifications
- Mount Type: Computerized Equatorial
- GoTo System: SynScan
- Object Database: 42,900+
- Payload Capacity: 44 lb.
- Polar Align Assist: Yes
- Auto Guide: Yes
- Permanent Periodic Correction: Yes
- DSLR Interface: Yes, includes Canon EOS Trigger Cable
- Motor Type: Stepper
- Drive System: Belt
- Polar Scope: Built-in
- Clutch: Locking Lever
- Mounting Saddle Plate: Dual, Vixen and Losmandy Style
- Power: 12V, thread-on cable included
- Counterweight Shaft: Retractable
- Counterweight Rod Diameter: 18mm
- Counterweights Included: 2 @ 11 lb. each
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 2”
- Mount Weight: 38 lb.
- Tripod Weight: 16.5 lb.