- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron CGEM II 1100 EdgeHD Computerized Telescope - 12019
Celestron 11" EdgeHD SCT on CGEM II GoTo EQ Mount
Celestron EdgeHD 11" OTA on the much improved CGEM II Equatorial Mount. The previous CGEM model, already an instrument valued highly by its users, has received a significant upgrade. Compared to the CGEM, the Celestron CGEM II 1100 now sports a more convenient design that includes longer lock levers as well as a dual-style saddle plate. Other new features consist of a USB 2.0 enabled PC connection with hand controller, Permanent Periodic Error Correction and a port for the sole purpose of autoguiding.
Celestron CGEM II GoTo Equatorial Mount
The Celestron CGEM mount has enjoyed enormous popularity over the years. However, since Celestron is not a company to rest on their laurels, they decided to give the CGEM a thorough makeover both inside and out.
The Celestron CGEM II 1100's enhanced ergonomics compared with the previous CGEM model is instantly apparent. With longer lock levers, mount alterations are now easier to make. In addition, a heavy-duty dual-style saddle plate is included to allow CG-5 or CGEM mounting dovetails to be accepted. This enables practically any available optical tube assembly to be mounted promptly with no adapter required.
Despite its ability to carry up to a Celestron EdgeHD 11" OTA with its generous 40 lb. weight capacity, the Celestron CGEM II 1100 equatorial mount maintains portability as it can be split up into manageable components for traveling to dark sky sites. The Celestron CGEM II 1100 weighs 40 lbs. excluding the counterweights and improved heavy-duty 20 lb. tripod.
Speaking of the tripod, the Celestron CGEM II 1100 package includes a tripod with 2" stainless steel legs, providing uncompromising support. Leveling is made to be a quick, painless process thanks to graduated markings on each leg. The legs are given additional support via a spreader bar pushing against them. The center of this spreader provides holders for storing any extra eyepieces so that they're easily accessible when observing.
The electronics included with the Celestron CGEM II 1100, whether developed for the older CGEM or for the new CGEM II, will enable you to put together, use, and take care of your mount using these inventive features:
- An All-Star Polar Alignment system built into the CGEM II enables precise polar alignment on any star regardless of whether the celestial pole is in view. No polar finderscope required!
- Tracks past the meridian for consistent imaging over the finest area of the sky.
- With PPEC (Permanent Periodic Error Correction), the system remembers your PEC settings after only training out the periodic error on your worm gears one time.
- 5 degrees per second slewing capability enables rapid movement of your telescope for getting to your desired location in seemingly no time!
- There is a USB 2.0 port on the bottom of the NexStar GoTo controller to allow you to not only update the firmware of both the controller and the mount, but to connect directly to a PC with your own ASCOM-supported software.
- With the touch of a button you'll be exploring 40,000 plus celestial objects including stars, star clusters, planets, galaxies, nebulae, and more. A built-in database permits up to 100 user-defined objects and provides extended detail on 200 prime night sky objects.
For more information on the Celestron CGEM II Equatorial Mount, take a look at our YouTube video in which Celestron product engineer, Bryan Cogdell, proudly goes over the highlights of the CGEM II Mount with High Point Scientific's Robert Dugan.
Celestron CGEM II Mount Specifications
- Mount Type: Equatorial
- Mount Electronics: Computerized with GoTo
- Mount Weight Capacity: 40 lb.
- Hand Controller Included: Yes, NexStar
- Objects in Database: 40,000
- Latitude Range: 15 - 70 degrees
- Mount Slew Speeds: Up to 5 Degrees per Second
- GPS? No, but accepts GPS Accessory
- PPEC? Yes
- Mounting Style: Vixen or Losmandy Dovetail Plate via Included Dual Saddle Plate
- Includes Counterweights: Yes, one 17 lb.
- Tripod: 2” Diameter Stainless Steel Legs
- Tripod Weight: 20 lb.
- Mount Weight: 40 lb.
Celestron EdgeHD 11" OTA
The Celestron 11" Aplanatic SCT OTA with EdgeHD optics is a remarkable telescope system. The Celestron EdgeHD 11" OTA is built to satisfy astrophotographers, but also to be suitable for superior visual observing.
Celestron 11" EdgeHD SCT Optical Tube Features:
- 9.25" Aplanatic EdgeHD Optical Tube Assembly
- Aluminum optical tube
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2800 mm focal length (f/10)
- 23 mm Axiom 2" eyepiece included (102x)
- 9x50 finderscope for accurate object location
- 2" Star diagonal allows for a more pleasant viewing angle when examining objects located higher in the sky
- Mirror Support Knobs maintain mirror placement and reduce image shift while imaging
- Tube vents feature 60 micron mesh filter enabling hot air to be expelled from the primary mirror's reverse
- FASTAR-Compatible optical tube is equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 CCD imaging (Requires optional accessory equipment)