- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron CGX 1100 RASA Computerized Telescope - V2 - 12060
Celestron CGX 1100 RASA Computerized Telescope - V2
The CGX 11" RASA from Celestron sets a standard for affordable, advanced astroimaging equipment that will help you obtain those crisp, clear celestial images you've been striving for. The Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) is incredibly quick at producing images, working at a fraction of the time it takes for other OTAs. Coupled with the CGX mount, this telescope gives superior performance while utilizing many advanced technologies such as All-Star Alignment, Celestron PWI telescope control software, Starry Night Special Edition software, SkyAlign, and PPEC!
The Celestron RASA V2 (version 2) is a fast, wide-field f/2.2 system, meaning this set up allows for shorter exposure times when compared to traditional f/10 imaging. And it doesn't sacrifice resolution! With the shorter sub-exposure times, the advanced equatorial mount will not need to track over extended periods of times. This means that the time spent tracking has the potential of being more accurate.
For today's large CCD sensor sizes, the 1100 RASA V2 has a 43.3mm optimized image circle to capture pinpoint stars on even the largest of imaging chips. Even with huge sensors that have diagonals of up to 52mm wide, the optical performance is excellent. When looking at the image circle and the focal length of 620mm combined, you are looking at great performance for wide-field imaging!
The RASA 11 V2 comes equipped with 4-element rare-earth glass to provide images free of false color and aberrations. Say goodbye to coma and field curvature! The design even lends to minimal vignetting. The optics are StarBright XLT coated.
Ultra-Stable Focus System (USFS) : Celestron's USFS uses a precision linear ball bearing at its heart. The bearing minimizes focus shift and mirror flop. It's also compatible with Celestron's Focus Motor (not included).
12V DC MagLev Fan : This fan is integrated and reduces cool down time while providing optimal airflow through the dust filtered optical tube.
Camera Adapters : Celestron has made sure to include two adapters, the T-thread and M48 camera adapters, for easy attachment to popular CCD and DSLR cameras.
- Aperture: 279mm (11")
- Focal Length: 620mm (24.4")
- Focal Ratio: f/2.2
- Central obstruction diameter: 114mm (4.48") (41% of aperture diameter)
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.49 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.41 arc seconds
- Image Circle: 43.3mm (1.7") Ø , 4.0°
- Useable field: 52mm (2.04") Ø , 4.8° only minimal performance loss at edge of FOV
- Wavelength rang: 400 - 700 nm
- Spot size: < 4.4 μm RMS across FOV
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Off-axis Illumination: 83% at 21mm (.82") off-axis
- Optical Window: 68mm (2.67") Ø
- Back focus with included camera adapter: 55mm (2.16")
- Back focus from top of threaded collar: 72.8mm (2.86")
- OTA Material:Aluminum
- Focuser: Ultra-Stable Focus System
- Optical Tube Weight: 43 lb. (19.5 kg)
- Included: Ventilation fan & dual dovetail mounting bars
The innovative and ergonomic look of the Celestron CGX mount is the culmination of years of GEM mount design by Celestron’s engineers. Always on the cutting edge of design, functionality and engineering, Celestron has achieved a new level of state-of-the-art with the CGX Series Equatorial Mount. The increased load capacity of 55 pounds will accommodate larger optical tube assemblies, and won’t blink an eye when you add a camera, autoguider with rings, focal reducer, filter wheel, and other imaging accessories that help you create amazing astro-images. This increased capacity and rigidity does not come at the expense of portability. The Celestron CGX EQ Mount only weighs 44 pounds, and the tripod weighs just 19.2 pounds.
The Celestron CGX has a lower profile than mounts that have come before it. Well-placed carry handles and ergonomic lock knobs make it easy to set up and make adjustments to the mount. a dual fix CGE/CG-5 dovetail saddle accepts your choice of OTA. The CGX is more responsive, with spring-loaded worm gears and belt drives that minimize backlash. Internal cabling keeps your RA and DEC cables out of the way, and the power and accessory ports that do accept cables in the traditional manner do not move with the mount. This feature, along with limit sensors and internal hard stops on both RA and Dec work to prevent cable wrap and tripod strike.
The Celestron CGX Equatorial Mount tracks 20-degrees past the meridian on either side to maximize the best imaging time. Technologies such as SkyPortal WiFi and StarSense AutoAlign are supported, and All Star Polar Alignment technology is built-in, for faster and easier polar alignment. New telescope control software for automation and remote operation has been designed for the Celestron CGX in conjunction with Planewave Instruments. This software features multi-point GoTo modeling, focusing and plate solving. With this innovative software, no third party advanced PC control software is needed!
The Celestron NexStar + hand controller is your interface with the CGX mount. It has a celestial database of 40,000 objects, and has fun features such as a automated tour of the best objects up on the date and time you are observing! The backlit buttons are intuitive and easy to use in the dark, and a new USB port on the end of the controller means you won't need an RS232-to-USB adapter.
The newly redesigned CGX tripod has a larger footprint for extra stability and comes with 2” diameter steel tripod legs that have graduated markings for quick leveling. The spreader bar/accessory tray adds extra stability to the heavy-duty tripod, and offers a few places to store your extra eyepieces, including your smartphone, when observing. This tray does not have to be removed before you can collapse your tripod for storage or transport. Finally, the head of the tripod is larger to accommodate the CGX mount, which has an adjustable base to place the center of gravity over the tripod when working at extreme latitudes.
- The CGX Mount has a large 55 pound weight capacity!
- More responsive, the CGX mount has spring-loaded worm gears with belt drives to minimize backlash.
- Easily mount a wide range of optical tube assemblies on the CGX dual-fit CG-5 (Vixen)/CGEM (Losmandy) dovetail saddle plate.
- Internal cabling, Home and Limit switches, internal hard stops for both axes work to prevent cable wrap, tripod strike, and keep your cables safe and out of the way.
- The CGX tracks 20-degrees past the meridian on either side, supporting you in your astro-imaging endeavors.
- All-Star Polar Alignment technology is built-in, making polar alignment easier and faster. The CGX mount also supports StarSense AutoAlign.
- Improved ergonomics and intuitive carry-handles
- Sophisticated telescope control software is all new and designed in conjunction with Planewave Instruments. Features include multi-point GoTo modeling, focusing and plate solving.
- No third party advanced PC control software is necessary.
- Mount weighs just 44 pounds, making it very portable.
- Included heavy-duty tripod has 2" stainless steel legs with graduated marks to make leveling easier.