Celestron NexStar 6SE Computerized Telescope
Celestron NexStar 6 SE Computerized Telescope
The Celestron NexStar 6 SE is a rock solid telescope. With the Celestron NexStar 6 SE, Celestron has built a Computerized Telescope that is a snap to align with Celestron's SkyAlign Go-To Alignment system. On average it takes a new telescope user approximately 5 minutes to do a full sky alignment with the Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain NexStar 6 SE. Once aligned the Celestron 6 SE is incredibly easy to operate. The hand controller on the NexStar 6SE allows you to move the telescope at your discretion. The NexStar 6SE hand controller offers a tour of the night sky and easily allows you to locate planets, galaxies or any of the 40,000 celestial objects in its database.
Optically the Celestron NexStar 6 SE telescope is nearly flawless with Celestron's famous Schmidt-Cassegrain (SCT) Optical System. The Celestron NexStar 6 SE yields super crisp images of the night sky and once aligned finds objects with dead-on accuracy. The Celestron NexStar 6 SE sits on a sturdy tripod which offers maximum stability when looking at distant objects.
In the tradition of Celestron's famous orange optical tubes, the NexStar SE Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, superior coatings, our revolutionary SkyAlign telescope alignment software and much more! Let a NexStar SE help you find thousands of stars, planets, galaxies and more at the touch of a button! Learn more about the NexStar SE series in the video below.
NexStar SE Key Features:
- Computerized hand control with a nearly 40,000 object database and motorized altazimuth mount
- Quick release optical tube for easy no-tool setup
- StarBright XLT enhanced coatings for maximum light transmission and clarity
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright objects, for a fast and easy alignment process
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Flash upgradeable hand control; update your telescope's operating software via the internet
- All NexStar SE models are GPS compatible and come standard with an auxiliary port for use with additional accessories
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- "THE SKY" Planetarium software - with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and enhanced images
- Rigid adjustable tripod for portability and convenience
NexStar 6SE Specifications:
- Optical Design: 6" (150mm) Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Focal Length: 1500mm f/10
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube: Aluminum, metallic orange
- Mount: Single fork arm, alt-azimuth
- Dovetail: Quick release tube clamp
- Hand Controller: Computerized GoTo
- Eyepiece: 25mm E-Lux (60x)
- Finderscope: Starpointer (Includes 3V CR2032 lithium button battery)
- Diagonal: 1.25" star diagonal
- Tripod: Pre-assembled steel
- Tripod Dimensions (Collapsed): 28" Tall, 9" x 9"
- Included Software: NexRemote and The Sky Level 1
- Camera Shutter Cable: No
- Power Supply: 8-AA batteries (not included)
- Highest Useful Magnification: 354x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.4
- Resolution: .92 arc seconds
- Dawes Limit: .77 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power: 459x unaided eye
- Field of View: .83 degree
- Linear Field of View (feet at 1000 yards): 43.8 ft
- Optical Tube Length: 16"
- Telescope Weight: 28.8 lb
- Tripod Weight: 9 lb
Computer Control Specifications:
- Computerized hand controller has a double line liquid crystal display with 19 LED backlit buttons.
- Database includes 40,000 objects with enhanced information on over 200 objects.
- Ability to add up to 400 user defined objects.
- 9 slew speeds.
- Sidereal, solar, and lunar tracking rates.
- Alt-Azimuth, equatorial north, and equatorial south tracking modes.
- GPS upgradable with Celestrons CN-16 GPS accessory.
- Includes several alingment options including SkyAlign, auto 2-star align, 1-star align, 2-star align, and solar system align.